HELP.......just bought an 03 L

vetth8tr

Established Member
My friend just bought a 2003 L with 33k miles on it and before he started modding it he wanted to know if there is any way you can tell if it has had a valve body done to it. If anyone can help and if he doesn't have one what are some good ones to buy? Thanks

vetth8tr

Established Member
Its firm, but he had a chevy with a shift kit in it and it would chirp the tires. it doesn't do that, will a valve body upgrade do that?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
No way to tell by looking at them, all the work to them is internal. You just have to know what one feels like I guess.

Tell your friend to join and post up. :beer:

Stinger2007

Established Member
Maybe ask the person from whom he bought it from, there's a start. Also, the title history should have previous owners info, enough to track down if need be.

Otherwise, you'll be forced to go on experience, "driving it", and feeling whether or not it's been modded in that area.

vetth8tr

Established Member
No way to tell by looking at them, all the work to them is internal. You just have to know what one feels like I guess.

Tell your friend to join and post up. :beer:

I would but he is computer illiterate............HE'S A DORK!
I didn't know if you could drop the pan and see a name stamp or something. I will definately get some pics up though. Its sick, its got the factory look a likes but in the 20" and chromed everything and has a 3"-4" drop. Looks awesome!!!

vetth8tr

Established Member
Maybe ask the person from whom he bought it from, there's a start. Also, the title history should have previous owners info, enough to track down if need be.

Otherwise, you'll be forced to go on experience, "driving it", and feeling whether or not it's been modded in that area.

He bought it from the dealership he works at and the guy that traded it was the 2nd owner. How could you track down the 1st owner?

Stinger2007

Established Member
Title work..."history"

He bought it from the dealership he works at and the guy that traded it was the 2nd owner. How could you track down the 1st owner?

And since he bought it from where he works, theres always a paper trail. I once worked at a dealership in Kema Tx.

We tracked down data like that before, just make sure it's not against company policy.;-)

:read:

Users who are viewing this thread