HELP!!! Lethal Return, Diablo tuner

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
hey guys,
I will try to be brief....Really need some help with a tuning issue, I swithched to a lethal budget return system, 60lb injectors and pullied the blower for about 15PSI,
I had a new Aluminator shortblock installed Nov. After the shortblock was done we left the returnless system with SVT focus pump and 42lber's pullied for 9PSI basically same setup i had with stock bottom end. I drove it about 650 miles on highway to break it in, some light boost but never hard driving and WOT. no check engine light, ran perfect.

So after changes to fuel system and injectors were done a month ago I got a start up tune and it ran pig rich and barely idled. check engine light was on. i phoned tuner and babied/drove it over. It has code P01237 FPDM...It's not used anyway??? A huge problem is no matter what tuner trys the EEC will not recognize what size injectors the tune is set for. he has tried 105's,80's etc. car runs the same. I read about how easy this system was to run and tune so I bought it. can it only be tuned using SCT? Diablo is what we are using. The guys in Fla. at Diablo suggested reconnecting the FPDM which i did, car runs the same and still throws CEL. No matter how things are wired if it be no FPDM or using FPDM CEL still comes on.

Tuner is very well regarded in these parts but is also stumped...:shrug: I just want to be happy with the crap load of $$$ spent:cryying:. any sugestions on what to do? Don't even know what can be done or where to turn???

thx

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Find another tuner.

You have to "Switch" to a return system in the tune as well as load in the injector information. That and a few more changes will get you there.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
hey guys,
I will try to be brief....Really need some help with a tuning issue, I swithched to a lethal budget return system, 60lb injectors and pullied the blower for about 15PSI,
I had a new Aluminator shortblock installed Nov. After the shortblock was done we left the returnless system with SVT focus pump and 42lber's pullied for 9PSI basically same setup i had with stock bottom end. I drove it about 650 miles on highway to break it in, some light boost but never hard driving and WOT. no check engine light, ran perfect.

So after changes to fuel system and injectors were done a month ago I got a start up tune and it ran pig rich and barely idled. check engine light was on. i phoned tuner and babied/drove it over. It has code P01237 FPDM...It's not used anyway??? A huge problem is no matter what tuner trys the EEC will not recognize what size injectors the tune is set for. he has tried 105's,80's etc. car runs the same. I read about how easy this system was to run and tune so I bought it. can it only be tuned using SCT? Diablo is what we are using. The guys in Fla. at Diablo suggested reconnecting the FPDM which i did, car runs the same and still throws CEL. No matter how things are wired if it be no FPDM or using FPDM CEL still comes on.

Tuner is very well regarded in these parts but is also stumped...:shrug: I just want to be happy with the crap load of $$$ spent:cryying:. any sugestions on what to do? Don't even know what can be done or where to turn???

thx

Call Lethal and ask if you haven't...or change tuners as suggested?

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
Find another tuner.

You have to "Switch" to a return system in the tune as well as load in the injector information. That and a few more changes will get you there.
Yes I beleive this was done, Although after talking with another tuner who has since stopped tuning due to his parts business expanding, the FPDM value must be zeroed in the files, not left at "1". This is what is causing the CEL light to keep coming on(P1237) if this is done it won't come on anymore. This is possibly forcing the ECU into fail safe mode and thinking the injectors are stock(19lbs). Hence the super rich condition.

IDK....makes some sense to me, although I do not know a whole lot about tuning.

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
Well I'm going back today and hopefully things will be better with the GT.
I'm thinking that all the returnless ECU related things should be Zeroed out in the tune files.... There is no need for them and I beleive they are screwing things up. My patience is wearing so I hope this gets going.

Users who are viewing this thread