HELP Lightning vs Ford GT!!

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
Not sure where i found it, but there is a thread of someone who was driving a L, and 2 brand new gt's pulled next to him on the freeway. Not sure if it was on svtperf or nloc. But i am unable to find it now. Looking for a link or anything to get the pics. Thanks guys!

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
There's something I wonder about......

first, the guy said that one of them was Black, but to my knowledge, they being offered in Black. there's Red, White, and Navy Blue. However, perhaps that's such a dark blue, that the guyn thought it was Black. But that doesn't explain the other thing I've noticed about those pics that I wonder about.....

The red one does NOT have the white stripe down the front of the car. Again, I didn't think they're being offered like that.

Either I'm just getting too caught up w/the details, or there's something fishy here.......

caz713

Established Member
IMO, just enjoy the pics and the story for what they're worth. :beer:

Originally posted by BillyGman

first, the guy said that one of them was Black, but to my knowledge, they being offered in Black. there's Red, White, and Navy Blue. However, perhaps that's such a dark blue, that the guyn thought it was Black. But that doesn't explain the other thing I've noticed about those pics that I wonder about.....

The red one does NOT have the white stripe down the front of the car. Again, I didn't think they're being offered like that.

Either I'm just getting too caught up w/the details, or there's something fishy here.......

Killer95GT302

Established Member
Well he says its black but if you look at the pic in the mirror you can tell its a really dark navy blue, probably mistaken for black.

Awesome story, I can only dream of that happening to me. :rockon:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member

GT's are being ordered sans stripe.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
I think I like the Red one without stripes, man those are sharp cars.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Yep, the red is my favorite too. I can only dream about having that car though. ($$$$$$).......

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
hmm remember most males are color blind.... and havent u ever heard of odering them without the racing stripes. u can do that on a mustang order them with or without its your choice. hell u could order an F150 with a racing stripe u just gotta request it.....

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Yeah, you guys are probably correct on that. I was just getting too caught up w/the details I guess. Man, I LUV those cars!!! Did you guys see the two GT commercials that they aird during last years Superbowl game? Believe it or not, that's the only reason I watched the game. I heard that they would have them, and I recorded them. But ofcourse they're now on the GT website.

01L2Cobra

Banned

According to the Ford web site they will be offered in black and the painted Lemans stripes (not the vinyl crap like the side stripes:nonono: ) are an option. Looks like they dropped the Heritage color option AKA the Gulf Oil color patter.:(

Last edited:

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Can't the drivers get into trouble from Ford for racing their GTs on a public road? Great story, though. :rockon:

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by NYCStangGT
Can't the drivers get into trouble from Ford for racing their GTs on a public road? Great story, though. :rockon:

Why, they bought the cars...they really arent Fords anymore.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by Codes
Why, they bought the cars...they really arent Fords anymore.
No. The first owner of a GT just took delivery. That post was made July 17th. Plus, in the original post, it said "2 New GT's... both manufaturer plated complete with the white vynal numbers on the window." Tell me how Ford sells a manufacturer's plate with the car?:smmon:

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member

you guna tell on them :p jk

sweet cars

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
No. The first owner of a GT just took delivery. That post was made July 17th. Plus, in the original post, it said "2 New GT's... both manufaturer plated complete with the white vynal numbers on the window." Tell me how Ford sells a manufacturer's plate with the car?:smmon:

Ohhh, ok. Makes sense, but yea...I agree with the guy above. Try telling those dudes that.

Edit: But wait, it says on the original post, on the other board. There are two guys that say they were driving them and they bought them, BS? Sounds like it from what you say.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread