help! Looking for some drag rotor/bake setup

Camper

Established Member
help! Looking for some drag rotor/brake setup

Have a drag setup on my other car but cant seem to find anything for my gt500?

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Strange makes a set IIRC

If u r street driving the car at all, stay away, the weight of our cars will kill the brakes.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
'full tilt boogie racing' makes some nice light rotors but if much street use, yes drag brakes can be tough.
BTW, I run full Baer drag kit (with dual rear calipers), they probably have the best compromise.
-J

nix5o

Established Member
Camper, I'm a strange dealer. I can get you a quote on a full drag set up. They are pretty aggressive for the street. Let me know if you're interested in going that direction.

biminiLX, do you have pics of your set up? Is it on your 14'? I've never seen the baer drag set up installed on one of our cars.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Camper, I'm a strange dealer. I can get you a quote on a full drag set up. They are pretty aggressive for the street. Let me know if you're interested in going that direction.

biminiLX, do you have pics of your set up? Is it on your 14'? I've never seen the baer drag set up installed on one of our cars.

No sorry, just on my foxbody with SN95 spindles.
I thought they made an s197 kit though :shrug:
My rear dual kit 'should' carry over as they have an 8.8 and 9" rear kit.
-J

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Wilwood makes a nice light weight brake system for street and strip. If you drive it much at all on the street. You need a vented rotor up front to stop 3600 to 3800 LB's. If its gutted you can get by with a single disc front and back.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Wilwood makes a nice light weight brake system for street and strip. If you drive it much at all on the street. You need a vented rotor up front to stop 3600 to 3800 LB's. If its gutted you can get by with a single disc front and back.

I used that kit for years on the Fox, I really like my first hand experience with Wilwood and Baer, I think Wilwood makes the Strange calipers too :shrug:
-J

Users who are viewing this thread