HELP!Lower Stock SC pulley is done and won't come off!

TEX-STANG

Established Member
So my Lower SC pulley on my 03 Cobra died and I CAN'T get it off I know how to use the SEARCH BUTTON believe me I have used any and every write up I found. I tried a 4ft cheater pipe a 4lb sledge hammer and did the floor jack trick. But 2 broken breaker bars and 2 3/4 to 1/2 reducers later. No luck. Here is the kicker 6 months ago a friend and myself removed the same pulley on my car with one strong two man push/pull using an 18" heavy duty 3/4 drive ratchet and 3/4 to 1/2 reducer for a 3/4 socket and a 4 ft cheater pipe. We broke the pulley losse on the first try. So I fully expected to take it off with relative ease. But I have had NO LUCK this bastard is STUCK!!!! Can anyone give me something else to try I'm getting desperate.... Is it safe to use a torch to heat it up? Can I damage the crank or any seals? The pulley is trash so I'm not worried about saving it. Ford wanted $900. For it so I bought a LFP 4# lower pulley kit. Any advice from someone who has been in my shoes is greatly appreciated!
:beer:

stal94gt

Established Member
are you sure your turning it the right way? it is reverse threads. not saying your not but just wanted to check

2face

Established Member
do not use a torch or heat..you will f**k shit up!!! do you have a lift ? i used a lift ran motor till it came up to temp put car in gear pulled e brake had a friend sitting in car holding brakes to floor 2 men under car with jack hanle ova a long 1/2 inch breaker bar... dont forget its reverse threaded.. hope this helps

03SilverCoupe

Established Member
I couldnt get mine off for nothing. I ended up taking the outer ring off so just the part that threads into the harmonic balancer was left. then I took a ziz wheel and started cutting the thing. If you want more info p.m. me

Users who are viewing this thread