help!!!! lug nut key lost and flat tire!!!

99snk

Established Member
first of all hello to all, i've recently purcharsed a 99 cobra and misplaced the lug nut key after brake change. any easy methods?

Chris's Cobra

Shredder
Established Member
go to autozone and get a reverse threaded socket and it will thread right on the outside of the locking lug nut and once you get it started and on there get a breaker bar and it should come right off. thats how i got all 4 of mine off...

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Chris's Cobra said:
go to autozone and get a reverse threaded socket and it will thread right on the outside of the locking lug nut and once you get it started and on there get a breaker bar and it should come right off. thats how i got all 4 of mine off...

What is a reverse-threaded socket?

wallie40

Established Member
If they are the ford locks, you can go to a ford dealership and they normally have a master set of wheel locks. They should be able to find the right one.

The local dealer was even nice enough to send someone out with the whole master key lock set to find the right one.

-pAul

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
hammer a slightly too small socket onto the lock. remove with breaker bar or whatever.

mustangrmyk

Mustang Maniac
Established Member
The tool trucks, like Snap-On, MAC, etc. also sell sockets to do the job. The other choice is to buy a cheap socket that will pound on to the lugnut. Use an impact gun and they usually come right off. You'll probably ruin the socket.

crotchrocket

Established Member
I have used a chisel and hammered a deep line on the front edge then turned the chisel and tap the chisel like I am trying to unscrew the lug and it worked great. Did it on all 4 wheels took about 5 minutes per wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread