help me chose my next car... cobra or 300zx??

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Re: Cobra=good taste

Originally posted by 1995COBRA-R
Of course, do the Cobra. If anyone on this site thought the rice burner was the best car, we would all own one (or 2-3 of 'em).

Modifications=cobra
bang for buck=cobra
parts availability=cobra
easy to work on=cobra
others guys with taste and class=cobra
resell value=cobra
:beer:

:thumbsup: Very good list...The resell value one is probly the one most overlooked....

stevieb

Established Member
And people wonder why our economy is so #$%^&* up. Keep it American. Look at the unemployment rate here.....

white97

Established Member
i have a 90 300zx, full race suspension, 18 blitz wheels, sound system, exhaust, underive pullies, intake, stillen front bumper and type 3 spoiler its not a twin turbo but has everthing else done to it i can get some pics on later tonight

Dino S.

Established Member
Stay cobra. I dont care if the 300zx is only rated at 5 HP less than the cobra, the cobra feels like she has about 30 more HP, despite being heavier.

I test drove a 300ZX TT recently for one of my friends and let me say, when those turbos hit and break the tires loose at 30 mph, its a pretty cool feeling... but then I got in my car and mashed the throttle and burned through 2 gears, I remembered why I went american. My cobra feels more solid too.

As far as bang for the buck, modability, aftermarket, and ease of maintainance, nothing touches the tried and true 302. Since you've been there and done that, I say go Cobra. I did, and never looked back. You wont either, unless you want to catch a glimpse of the 300ZX you just put the hurt on.

JMann2380

Established Member
pics are too big

Thats not the problem.... your just not allowed to post pics of Nissan's on this board!:lol:

J/K I would like to see this "mystic 300" also.

BTW, go cobra!:thumbsup:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by Dino S.
Stay cobra. I dont care if the 300zx is only rated at 5 HP less than the cobra, the cobra feels like she has about 30 more HP, despite being heavier.

I test drove a 300ZX TT recently for one of my friends and let me say, when those turbos hit and break the tires loose at 30 mph, its a pretty cool feeling... but then I got in my car and mashed the throttle and burned through 2 gears, I remembered why I went american. My cobra feels more solid too.

As far as bang for the buck, modability, aftermarket, and ease of maintainance, nothing touches the tried and true 302. Since you've been there and done that, I say go Cobra. I did, and never looked back. You wont either, unless you want to catch a glimpse of the 300ZX you just put the hurt on.

Or the 4.6L.....:beer:

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Yellow98SVT I couldn't have said it better myself. Go with the Cobra, the performance potential is unbelievable

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
are you still pondering over this get the cobra:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

94RedCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Yellow98SVT
Short of rebuilding the 300's engine...you have hit the upper ceiling on performance with that engine.

Not quite, it is really easy to mod a stock 300ZX to about 400 horsepower. Simple computer chip and up the boost. The Nissan 3.0 liter V6 is a world-reknowned powerplant; it is a strong and reliable one. You have definietly not reached the ceiling at 300 horsepower.

Lethal Cobra

Established Member
I worked at Nissan for about a year and out of all the 300zx i drove about 80% are ragged and the TT's leak oil from turbos really bad. If you want to save money buy a cobra if you want a 300z be prepared to pay the price for those imported mods.

Users who are viewing this thread