Help me decide on a new car!

03cobrarocks

Established Member
So I am getting rid of the cobra, need four doors and dont have time to mess around with modding/maintaining my cobra.

I need ideas of what kind of car to get! I want something semi fast (relatively speaking) that looks nice/cool, that isnt over 25k and Preferably is available in manual.

So far I have found the following options:

2004 - 2007 Cadillac CTS- V

2005 - 2007 Audi S4 Coupe Quattro

2006+ Audi A4 TT Quattro ( Nice because cheapest option)

I do want to do a few basic mods but nothing crazy. (Intake, Tune, Full Exhaust, maybe couple other bolt ons)

But I want something with a good platform to mildly modify if I so desire.

Thoughts, Ideas please!

truefiveo

Established Member
I've always wanted a LeMan's Blue package E39, but the interior is just too dated for me.

They still have one of the best sounding V8 engines I've ever heard IMO.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I vote CTS-V any first gen will be under 25k.

Things to watch out for is the rear ends they are made by getrag (sound familiar) and are junk! as long as you don't launch and do burnouts they can last a while.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Been daily driving a 2006 CTS V for 5 years. Put off road headers on, absolutely love the car...great for the family

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Been daily driving a 2006 CTS V for 5 years. Put off road headers on, absolutely love the car...great for the family

Does it have decent get up and go?

That year has an ls2 correct?

I know it wont be anything compared to my cobra but hopefully a good seat of the pants feel compared to my silverado lol

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I vote CTS-V any first gen will be under 25k.

Things to watch out for is the rear ends they are made by getrag (sound familiar) and are junk! as long as you don't launch and do burnouts they can last a while.

Yea I have been finding some 04s with less than 60k miles for under 20k.... Seems like a decent deal.

And yea I heard the rear end sucks.. Some on the cadillac forums say they put an 8.8 in there from a t bird or Lincoln Mark vii.. sounds like a common swap..

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Does it have decent get up and go?

That year has an ls2 correct?

I know it wont be anything compared to my cobra but hopefully a good seat of the pants feel compared to my silverado lol

Mine made 382 rwhp after headers and tune, stock is around 340 ish. Yes the 06 & 07's are LS2's which is a 6.0L. I get 17 city and 25 on the highway. Feels difference than the Cobra since its a NA motor. So much fun to drive, handles and brakes way better than the 03-04 cobra and it's a 5 seater.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

This.

Did you get a tune after your headers?

Yea I have been finding some 04s with less than 60k miles for under 20k.... Seems like a decent deal.

And yea I heard the rear end sucks.. Some on the cadillac forums say they put an 8.8 in there from a t bird or Lincoln Mark vii.. sounds like a common swap..

Like I said. They are fine as long as you don't beat on the rear.

Mine made 382 rwhp after headers and tune, stock is around 340 ish. Yes the 06 & 07's are LS2's which is a 6.0L. I get 17 city and 25 on the highway. Feels difference than the Cobra since its a NA motor. So much fun to drive, handles and brakes way better than the 03-04 cobra and it's a 5 seater.

This

2004-2005 have LS6
2006-2007 have LS2

Both put down the same power LS6 is a bit more exclusive. LS2 has a dash more low end torque.

Rear has 3.73 gearing. Things are beastly in 3rd-4th gear

As far as fast goes. a few of the magazines trapped 108-109 with them stock off of crappy launches.

I have an 05 with 53k on it. K & N Intake and magnaflow exhaust. I have a buddy with a 2012 Camaro SS. From a roll I can usually pull a car or two and hold him off to 140.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
Out of that list, 2007 S4.

However, go drive some well kept MAZDASPEED6 GTs & Legacy GTs

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Yep, had them done at the same time. Made a big difference not to mention the added sound. I also have the Magnaflow exhaust.

I have been thinking about putting some headers/cat delete on. My last mustang was too loud with no cats. I would be deaf after a 2 hour car trip. How is yours?

Users who are viewing this thread