Help me decide what to spend my $ on (C6 mods)

jguerrero

Established Member
I have to decide what I want to do to my car. I have a limited amount of $ for the rest of the year to spend on mods :(

So, its either I order these rims, lower the car with the stock bolts, and get my windows tinted.
thumb1.jpg

or..

I go buy the B&B bullet catback/xpipe, tint my windows, and keep the stock rims and lower it the free way.

bulletsys_quadroundtips.jpg

c6_xpipe.jpg

What do you think?

stalian999

Established Member
option two, stock rims are nice, youll get the exhaust which i heard is amazing, sound and performance wise, privacy with the tint, and an awesome look lowered, go for it... or you can trade your car straight up to for a fast truck with a bed and haul crap around and i can take over the problem you are having... :banana:

Last edited:

Squabbin

Established Member
go with the exhaust/x-pipe, you'll appreciate it more. The stock rims are definately nice enough and with a drop and some tints the exterior will still look plenty nice and you'll have that added sound/performance which is always very fun...

Bootbox

Established Member
I'd rather have the exhaust on that car be aftermarket, the stock wheels are nice enough for now.

What does 'lower it the free way' mean.

If it involves a cutting wheel I'll have to say please no. Just wait till you can do it right.

jguerrero

Established Member
Bootbox said:
I'd rather have the exhaust on that car be aftermarket, the stock wheels are nice enough for now.

What does 'lower it the free way' mean.

If it involves a cutting wheel I'll have to say please no. Just wait till you can do it right.

No cutting required. Due to the way the corvette suspension is setup( leaf springs), their is a bolt that controls the ride height. It is set from the factory about 1 to a max of 1.5 inches from the lowest setting. So by taking the bolt to the max and min setting depending on how you look at it, you can lower the car about 1.5 inches and get a good '2 fingers between fender and tire for free. :D Wish it was always that easy. I went through misery putting springs on my Cobra. Only thing that is going to suck is the front air dam, thing is only about 1.5 to 2 inches off the ground. May have to modify it to keep it (cut it about an inch)

I am going to go with the exhaust and x-pipe, tint, and free lower. I am also going to order the Halltech Stinger intake in red. That will be good for now. NExt year it will be long tubes, cam, and a tune. Thanks for all the opinions, made it a lot easier to decide :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jguerrero

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
A Vette has leaf springs?

Ya would you believe that. For a car that handles like it is on rails, you would think otherwise. I guess if its not broke, dont fix it. :shrug:

Last edited:

bloK

Banned
jguerrero said:
No cutting required. Due to the way the corvette suspension is setup( leaf springs), their is a bolt that controls the ride height. It is set from the factory about 1 to a max of 1.5 inches from the lowest setting. So by taking the bolt to the max and min setting depending on how you look at it, you can lower the car about 1.5 inches and get a good '2 fingers between fender and tire for free. :D Wish it was always that easy. I went through misery putting springs on my Cobra. Only thing that is going to suck is the front air dam, thing is only about 1.5 to 2 inches off the ground. May have to modify it to keep it (cut it about an inch)

did it to my vette :beer:

bloK

Banned
CY98Cobra said:

yes, a mono composite leaf spring going side to side one on the front and rear. look under a vette next time you get a chance, its pretty interesting :beer:

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:

Yeah it's one big spring for the front and one for the rear. They go from the left wheel to right wheel. Its not a typical old style setup. Amazing how something so simple works so well.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
jguerrero said:
Ya would you believe that. For a car that handles like it is on rails, you would think otherwise. I guess if its not broke, dont fix it. :shrug:

I guess you're right. I'll have to look underneath one the next time I go to the dealership. That's kind of neat.

Users who are viewing this thread