Help me install my new guages!

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
Alright guys i've had some Autometer gauges sitting around and i want to try to install them my self. They don't look too hard because they come with instructions and such. I have the NV series boost gauge, oil pressure, and air fuel gauge. The AF gauge has 4 wires, do they all need to be hooked up? it says hook one wire up to the battery but im unsure it will reach. The oil gauge has a strange plastic tube/wire. I don't know where to start with that one. The boost gauge also has the plastic tubing/ wire.

I've read about how some people put the wires in the dash or hook them up around that area?

Let me know guys.

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
Some use fuse splicer things that basically hooks into your fuse panel under the driver dash. Myself, I use T-Tap connectors and pull from various areas depending on the item. Like the passenger kick panel computer area, cig lighter, etc. Don't run a wire directly to the battery, that's pretty funny. :)

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
lol yea, i have no idea when it comes to wiring. You guys think i should have someone do it for me instead?

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
If you can follow instructions, or do any basic mechanical work, then you should be able to get some tips and do the work yourself. Just remember + (usually red) and - (usually black) don't mix! When running wires through a firewall, use a gromet (rubber ring), use butt connectors and electrical tape where necessary. I know there are some articles and pictures on this board of work people have done using those fuse splicer things.

SlowSnake

Established Member
because if the nylon tubing breaks then you have oil in you car....swap it for an electrical if you can

Users who are viewing this thread