Help me out...being scammed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt94GT

Established Member
I think im being scammed by a member of corral. I sent him payment 3 weeks ago, would of been there 4 days after. He/She hasnt repiled to my emails. They relisted the item in the classifides after they sold it to me with a lower price.

Anyways I tried www.411.com to find the phone number and it doesnt work.

This site works but it costs me money to view the info:
http://find.intelius.com/search-summary-out.php?ReportType=1&searchform=address

All I want is the phone number. They are in NV, Las Vegas.

Help me out. Is there a place I can search for phone #'s from Las Vegas or anyone from there? It was $480US im out.

Matt94GT

Established Member
That didnt work for me :(

Cynthia Laynes
474 fiddlehead ave.
las vegas, nv 89123

Also the email name is N Oconnell ([email protected]) if anyone helps me track this guy/lady down ill paypal you $$$

203Cree

Established Member
Allright bro, here's what I've found so far.

No one named Cynthia Laynes lives in that zip code, and if she does, it will not list a phone no. I did search the email addy you provided. No N. O'Connell's either. However, the address is legit:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...ad+ave.&city=Las+Vegas&state=NV&zipcode=89123

I think you may have gotten bogus info from them, sounds to me like you are deff getting scammed. Sorry to hear it.

Have you contacted the admins over there to see what they can tell you?

Last edited:

HellsBells

Do you smell that?
Established Member
If you paid by credit card, call your credit card, and put in a non-deliverd goods claim.

If you paid with a money order, if you still have your stub you can take it to the bank, and stop payment. Or the post office where ever.

If you wrote a check I would handle it the same way as a money order.

If you sent cash or used Western Union, the money is gone. :nonono:

HellsBells said:
If you paid by credit card, call your credit card, and put in a non-deliverd goods claim.

If you paid with a money order, if you still have your stub you can take it to the bank, and stop payment. Or the post office where ever.

If you wrote a check I would handle it the same way as a money order.

If you sent cash or used Western Union, the money is gone. :nonono:
+1... Good advice right there. If you paid via cash or western union, you deserve what you got, YOU NEVER SEND CASH TO SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER MET BEFORE OR KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!

Matt94GT

Established Member
I sent a money order. Ill try to find my stub its somewhere. I thought money orders were like cash, couldnt be cancled, but I thought it had to be a legit name to cash it!?

Matt94GT

Established Member
yea its really a pain saying as im goin back to school, just got back from vacation, im broke what a pos some people are!

SVTHorsnake

Banned
you don't need the stub as long as you get to your bank on time. It might cost you a bit to put a stop on it though...

byeofcr

Established Member
if you are getting scammed i wish herpes upon them...
to me scammers are the on the same level as genital blisters.. so if the shoe fits

VyPeR

Established Member
Heres a few bits of info...

Using the Clark County assessors data:
http://sandgate.co.clark.nv.us/servlet/Assessor?instance=pcl7&parcel=177-34-210-141

474 fiddlehead ave,
LasVegas NV 89123-4653

Parcel ID: 177-34-210-141
Owner: O'Connell, Michael R & Carmelita

Looks like they have a 3136 sq ft house on .13 acres.
Frame stucco, 5 br, 3 ba; and a 540 sq ft garage.

Unfortunately, the assessor's data does not have the phone numbers, but I'll bet if you look hard enough you could get in touch with one of their neighbors.

Matt94GT

Established Member
I havent had a chance to make it into the bank since I cant drive right now. Im going to try to make it tommorow.

VyPeR seems like thats the right info. O'Connell is probaly the real name Cynthia Laynes is probaly a fake one.

Anyone live in this area and they can look up Cynthia Laynes or O'Connell in the phone book? Please?!

Matt94GT

Established Member
Well i found out his name is Norman O'connell and he does live at that adress. Anyone want to please pay him a visit or find out his number if your a NV or Vegas resident...PLEASE! Ill pay you!!!! There are 5 of us caught by him over $2,000 worth of stuff! :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread