Help me pick the best turbo for my car...

ZACH'S97

Established Member
I am feeling like a broken record, but I am getting closer. Its about time to actually get a new turbo on the way... I really wanted my 97 cobra to sell first, but I may go ahead and buy one in a few weeks...had a masterpower t70 .96 on the stock motor,but want something bigger as that had no lag anyway.
Car...03 cobra, 284ci teksid with diamonds, stock rods, stock crank, 9.1:1 cr, arp head studs, main studs, and rod bolts...cleaned up heads, ports smoothed, 5 angle valve job, comp springs, ported mach 1 intake, intake spacer, 98 cobra cams degreed, stock maf with mafia, custom built turbo kit, 60lb injectors, twin gt supercar pumps, stage 2 modified fpdm, larger feed line, fore rails, built c5 auto with reverse manual valve body, 9" (3500rpm) continental converter, 31 spline 8.8 with 3.55 gears, upr upper and lower adjustables, pa racing tubular k, strange shocks, stock struts.

I'm wanting the car to run as good as possible in the 1/4 but for a long while it will be on probably about 16psi on 93 octane leaving on a foot brake. Its gonna be driven 90% on the street, but will make many track passes too. For the money what will be my best option? I'm considering the following turbo's in this order...please let me know what you guys think it can make with each turbo and feel free to reccommend others but I'd prefer to stick with t4 flanged turbo's.

Masterpower t76 q trim 1.00 a/r
Precision 88mm .96 a/r t4 flange
Precision 76-78gts

For the money I'm leaning toward the mp turbo, but let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

blowncobra690

Established Member
precision turbos are great . by the way i m upgrading to a bigger turbo i have a 78 gts turbo i will be selling give me a call if intersted 978 870 5755 thanks
carlos

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
garrett gt4202 they are on ebay all the time, i got mine brand new w/o an exhaust housing for $450 and a tial exhaust housing for $500 so less than 1k for a brand new gt42.

ZACH'S97

Established Member
Thanks to blowncobra690 I'll be going with a precision 78gts!! I was really hoping to find one of these. Can't wait to get this thing finished up! Thanks for the responses guys.

Users who are viewing this thread