Help Me Please!! My Compression Is Off!

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
Keep in mind that my vct is over retarded so my compression is going to be alot lower that normal!! So in cylinder
1. it was (70)
2. it was (65)
3. it was (45)
4. it was (65)

So 1,2,and 4 are good but 3 is real low! It was at 35 then I put the spark plug back it and retest cylinder 3 and it was up to 45! the rest stayed around 70! So does this mean that its going to be cheaper to buy a used motor than to fix it?

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Go built! 2.0 is easy to tear down and rebuild in a weekend(I've heard). Lower compression, and up the boost! Good luck, I'll be pulling for you! E-

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Same thing happene to me, #3, first the oil ring, then the comperssion ring, = Built block from HT Performance. The stock lower end is great, but wont last that long when your running alot of boost like you and I. I've ran it at 15lbs for 2 years, boosted for over 4 years. One thing good about when shit breaks, after you fix it with performance parts, your only faster and stronger. Till the next week link braekes

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
The only problem with that is your still going to be on barrowed time with a stock bottom end. For just a bit more then that you can get a built short block from HTPerformance that'll hold a SHITTON of power. But $900.00 is cheap, and you can sell the tranny and make most your $ back, but you could be in the need of a new motor soon after.
The CFM Motor, says it will support up to 400whp, well that's great, but what else? The block I bought from HTP will do more, and ballenced to 9800rpms for less $.

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
REALLY? So the block from HTP is way better? DAMN! Well i pm'd htperformance the other day and he hasnt responded back yet! so how much did it cost you?

HTPerformance

REALLY? So the block from HTP is way better? DAMN! Well i pm'd htperformance the other day and he hasnt responded back yet! so how much did it cost you?

Sorry guys, I have been studying for my PhD qualifying exam that is tomorrow morning.

I'll get you a quote out tomorrow. Please email me though, for some reason I don't get notifications on here when I get new PM's on this forum.

PS. Lucas, how was the install? We could use your core back soon too.

Thanks,
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread