Help Me Price - Black 96 with 17K Miles

niphilli

Established Member
Hello All,

My dad picked up a mint condition 96 (Black) cobra a while back, he is retiring in three weeks and is thinking of buying another toy.

The car is literally mint condition other than normal front clip wear from 17K miles of use.

The first owner put about 1500 miles on the car in 10 years. The second owner put 1200 miles on it, and the third owner (that I purchased from) put the balance of the miles on it.

Meticulously maintained with all service recoards.

Car is bone stock with the exception of BBK CAI, Borla Cat back, Pro 5.0 shifter, and Kenny Brown springs.

The stock wheels and tires were removed and only have about 5K miles on them.

What is it worth? Any interest?

Thanks!

nitrovic

Established Member
This is tough. It's hard to put a price on such low miles. I sold my 96 mystic two years back with a bunch of bolt ons and about 40k miles for about 9,500. I would go with 11k and see what happens. Sounds like a nice ride.:banana:

niphilli

Established Member
This is tough. It's hard to put a price on such low miles. I sold my 96 mystic two years back with a bunch of bolt ons and about 40k miles for about 9,500. I would go with 11k and see what happens. Sounds like a nice ride.:banana:

Thanks man!

It is a great car. If it were mine it would stay in the garage.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I sold my black 97 cobra with 16K miles this summer and a T Trim which I added for $16,000. Just be patient and you should get a good amount of cash for it.

kdcobrar

Established Member
I don't know guys, I really don't think 10-11K is enough for a car like this. Its hard to find extremely low mileage, basically stock, mint condition Cobras like this one. I say if you don't have to sell it too fast put some nice pictures up and ask somewhere in the 13k-14k range....Personally I would keep it but good luck with the sale.

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
17K is silly low mileage. If you can get it back to original/stock, it'll probably fetch 15 easy. I think kdcobrar has the right idea. If you aren't in a huge rush to sell, I'd wait for the market to firm up a bit, get a batch of good pics, and start at 17. Remember, you can always go down, but it ain't so easy going up. GLWS!

niphilli

Established Member
Thanks all!

He is definately not in a hurry to sell, we will probably clay it, buff it, wax it, and put it away until spring.

I think he probably would not part with it for less than 15K, otherwise he would keep it.

You guys should see it, I was so excited when he bought it. This was the car to have when I graduated from high school. This thing was literally like buying it off of the showroom floor.

Users who are viewing this thread