Help me put on a better car show!

maple

Established Member
This year marks my third annual Toys for Tots show. It is a non-profit show so I am somewhat on a budget. The entry fee is one brand new, unwrapped toy. I have a dyno competition, and have done so for the past two years and it has been a really big hit as I expected it to be. Those of you who enter shows, what could be done to improve the show? What color t-shirts would you rather receive with entry?

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Strippers, wet t-shirt contest and cheap alcohol. lol

kidding...

On a serious note, a kids play area is nice, as well as food stands, drinks, raffle, and see if you can get some local shops/vendors to support it too.

maple

Established Member
Strippers, wet t-shirt contest and cheap alcohol. lol

kidding...

On a serious note, a kids play area is nice, as well as food stands, drinks, raffle, and see if you can get some local shops/vendors to support it too.

I have thought about some sort of inflatable rental for children and even adults to have fun on. Such as this:

3076-raw_zpsef30352c.gif

But, on the downside, a lot of kids = lots of little hands touching cars. All of the things you have listed, are already apart of my show.:thumbsup: Thank you for the suggestions!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I have thought about some sort of inflatable rental for children and even adults to have fun on. Such as this:

3076-raw_zpsef30352c.gif

But, on the downside, a lot of kids = lots of little hands touching cars. All of the things you have listed, are already apart of my show.:thumbsup: Thank you for the suggestions!

Well, it's a "toys for tots" show, right? It's benefiting children, probably not the ones there, but if you can make it kid orientated, fathers/mothers might be able to willingly take a kid there because there's stuff for them to do too, and more people might be able to go? Just a suggestion. Or, it can keep them away from the cars too. lol

Most kids won't touch cars. Usually their parents will watch them closely.

maple

Established Member
Well, it's a "toys for tots" show, right? It's benefiting children, probably not the ones there, but if you can make it kid orientated, fathers/mothers might be able to willingly take a kid there because there's stuff for them to do too, and more people might be able to go? Just a suggestion. Or, it can keep them away from the cars too. lol

Most kids won't touch cars. Usually their parents will watch them closely.

No, you certainly are correct. This year, I will have three children judges who will select their favorite. I really think children selecting my car would trump any traditional judges selection.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
I know some of the older guys in my area just go to the shows they can get dash plaques at. My godfather threw away about 70 trophies he had in the basement last year and now he just enjoys putting the dash plaques on the locker of his tool box back at the house. I dunno how much they cost to make as opposed to getting cheap trophies done. You didn't mention if you got local vendors or sponsors to pony up for them or not for winning classes of things .

Users who are viewing this thread