Help Me Understand A/F Ratio via Livelink

phack

Established Member
I'm a but confused here. I recently got my 93 octane tune from Evolution and I datalogged for the first time tonight. Even though I selected bank 1 and 2 AFR I'm seeing what I guess is a lambda number around .8-.9. Do I need to multiply this number times 14.7 to get AFR?

Looking at a WOT pull I did I see lambda numbers all the way up to 1.00. That would be 14.7 AFR if I'm supposed to be multiplying by 14.7. I believe I'm doing something wrong as I know these cars run at around 12.5-12.6 AFR.

Help!

andymarkv

Established Member
Very good question!!!
I'm struggling with converting lambda numbers to A/F which I'm used to.
Too add more confusion, all our fuel stations around here have switched to E10 (10% ethanol) I believe the stoich ratio for E10 is 14.2 rather than 14.7, which kind of screws around with what was on the edge of rich or lean.

If this is correct, there are places that sell gas without ethanol, but it looks like its not that common.
Find ethanol free gas near you!
Which leads me to the question of how are PCM's calibrated these days? For E10, or gasoline? Or, does it matter?

I think you are right to data log and look into this!! Although it might take some digging to get to the bottom of it.

Convert Stoichometric Air/Fuel Ratio Values - Wallace Racing

Also, I thought W/B O2 sensors had to be calibrated to the octane fuel you were using? (at least it seems to matter when I borrowed the innovate set-up from a friend to tune a carbed car)
I'm sure a production car has to be able to compensate for all octane fuels

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread