Help ME!

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
Buy a lightning 01 or newer, If any of the guys in Washington/Oregon/Idaho know of one or a couple for sell please let me know. I am pre approved!!! Would like to have 40k on the clock or less if possible. At this point any color will do, prefer black silver dsg or white.

Last edited:

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
Wish you would have done this about 3 months ago. There was a silver one on a lot a mile from my place, they were asking just under 19 and it had like 46k on it. I'll keep my eye out though if I see one.

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
99GTtony said:
Wish you would have done this about 3 months ago. There was a silver one on a lot a mile from my place, they were asking just under 19 and it had like 46k on it. I'll keep my eye out though if I see one.

Thanks Tony, Any help you guys can provide would be awesome!:rockon:

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
torquemonster said:
color? mods? congrats!!!

Silver, and believe it or not BONE STOCK! :eek: 35k miles on the clock!!

Starting new thread over in the L forum, Most recomended first mod!

Dusten

Established Member
chevytosvt said:
Bassani exhaust I assume? Best Intake In your opinion?:shrug:
neither intake or exhaust on a lightning will net you any power, both are good beyond 450hp. however, the boys in the gen II section will lead you teh right way

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Dusten said:
neither intake or exhaust on a lightning will net you any power, both are good beyond 450hp. however, the boys in the gen II section will lead you teh right way

I would take his advice, its just normal to do an intake and exhaust......

Dusten

Established Member
RickSvt said:
I would take his advice, its just normal to do an intake and exhaust......
normal yes, but not always the best.
I did a CAI and didnt notice a difference, and my truck came with a catback. I was much happier with my Valve body, pulley and tune than i was with anything else.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
I've owned a Gen II lightning. I would recommend an intake, even though not from a power perspective, it makes the blower whine VERY loud ( much louder than the Cobra's).

Don't bother with headers on these trucks, they're only good for ~5 hp and makes the exhaust note WWAAYYY too rowdy. A catback along is only good for a few HP/better sound. For power, the catback needs to be accompanied by a good midpipe which will net decent gains.

Some mods to consider out the gate :

Valve Body
4X4 Tranny Pan ( cooling/capacity)
2 inch rear shackles
JLT/Volant Intake
Lower Pulley
Tuner
Cobra water pump
Bassani Midpipe/Catback
SPark Plug replacment (2+ hours,FUN!)
Nitto DR's

Last edited:

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
saleen09 said:
I've owned a Gen II lightning. I would recommend an intake, even though not from a power perspective, it makes the blower whine VERY loud ( much louder than the Cobra's).

Don't bother with headers on these trucks, they're only good for ~5 hp and makes the exhaust note WWAAYYY too rowdy. A catback along is only good for a few HP/better sound. For power, the catback needs to be accompanied by a good midpipe which will net decent gains.

Valve Body
2 inch rear shackles
JLT/Volant Intake
Lower Pulley
Tuner
Cobra water pump
Bassani Midpipe/Catback
SPark Plug replacment (2+ hours,FUN!)
Nitto DR's

Yeah, I read the stickyed noob guide in the gen II forum, it basically lays everything out really well. I <3 the blower whine, Its intoxicating :coolman:

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
saleen09 said:

Valve Body
JLT/Volant Intake
Lower Pulley
Tuner
Bassani Midpipe/Catback

these would be my first mod
i used to have a lightning as well

Users who are viewing this thread