Help! MM Coilover & CC plates

goldenbear

Established Member
Hey guys,

I just finished installing a front coil over kit on my cobra. Its a MM coil over kit with koni struts .It has 375lb 10" springs. I had to set the lower spring perch pretty high up in the sleeve so it wouldn't be SUPER LOW to the ground. Not sure if this is normal, but I'm guessing its because its a 10" spring, as opposed to the usual 12" ones? Right now the lower perch is set as shown in the pic to get a 3 finger gap from fender to wheel

0e774f86.jpg

Also, my main questions is about the spacers. So the kit came with a ton of spacers, and I REALLY have no clue how many i should use. Right now this is what I have.

db1180be.jpg

Can someone share some light on how many spacers I should be using, or how to find out the right amount.

Thanks!

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
That looks like too many on the top side. Reread Maximum Motorsports' instructions for the caster camber plates and/or c/o's, it will tell you. You can download from their site if you lost them or bought second-hand. Some of the spacers should be under the strut tower (don't know the number, check the instructions) which will increase ride height.

Last edited:

9935todd

Established Member
I just installed these on my car last weekend. I did it with cutting the springs (3/4 coil on all 4). The instructions said 1 small spacer underneath and 2 wide and 1 small above the plate.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread