Help my spend $15k on my '65 Galaxie 500...

railroad

Established Member
You have the best rear axle made, 9 inch, no swap. The 352 is the base for great engines like the 390, 427 and 428. It would probably be easiest to build a 390, maybe bored and stroked, down the road, if you are wanting more power. It is also a bolt in, no mods to put any of the FE engines in its place Great engine as it is, not delicate in any way. Front disc brakes for sure. The rears are probably 11 X 2 inch drum now and will not have to mod parking brake. The car as is, really needs nothing. It looks super and is. Good advise on the pertronics ignition conversion, set of shocks and enjoy. I am going to bet the gears are 3.00. Engines made good tq. My Dad had a 67 LTD, 390 4V with somthing like 2.80 gears. If you want to work up on an engine mod or swap, you can put an alum intake and carb on it. It will be good for a rebuild or follow up engine. Personally, I would make it dependable, brakes, ign, tires, shocks and enjoy. Do not cut the dash up for music mod, please.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Leave it stock. Great looking car. If it was a hard top id say go for it but the vert just makes it look sweeter sitting stock. I could see the disc conversion to make it a bit safer in the braking department but other than that id stick to how it looks now. Classic.

TClark22

Established Member
Sir. One word. Coyote. Super reliable and plenty of power for that cruisomatic.

Then update to newer style suspension for a better ride.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Sir. One word. Coyote. Super reliable and plenty of power for that cruisomatic.

Then update to newer style suspension for a better ride.

Tanner, I would most definitely take your entire drivetrain and swap it if I wanted to throw that kind of coin at her. Your setup is sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread