~HELP! Need '00 R Exhaust Tips!

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
Hey guys, since my favorite car of all time is the '00 R and I won't be able to afford one for about 6 years I'm giving some thought into kinda R'ing my 94 out. (Cervinis bumper/spliter, hood, wing, ect...) and I need the exhaust to kick things off! Where can I purchase the tips or the catback for a '00 R? Or do any of you '00 guys have a set you'd be willing to sell? I really only need the tips unless I can find a used catback for sale...please help me out here guys! Thanks in advance, -Josh

Ron 1995 R

Established Member
www.spintechmufflers.com

Mufflers and side exits are very nice but need some install "custom" work. The cobra R tips are extremely nice. Sound is amazing: authoritive without being obnoxious.

Stick with bigger names for the X/H-pipe.

Have fun "R-ing"

PErsonally I would save the pennies and dimes and wait for the 00-R than spend all that money on a body kit and paint work (which red is probably the most difficult color to match next to white). I honestly think you have 'one sweet ride' there; finding a stock looking Cobra of your year and color is getting difficult these days. R-tips and and side exhaust would make it more unique.

Ron.

Last edited:

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
Yeah, I've look at the spintech systems but they don't have a "R"-like tip do they? I was hoping that someone had upgraded their exhaust and would be willing to sell their stock setup...probably wishful thinking. What about the bassani upgrade...do you think I could make it work on my car? Really I only need the tips, as I'd like to use my borlas and just have a custom system bent up. Any ideas where I could find tips that are similar???

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
bad93snake said:
Hey guys, since my favorite car of all time is the '00 R and I won't be able to afford one for about 6 years I'm giving some thought into kinda R'ing my 94 out. (Cervinis bumper/spliter, hood, wing, ect...) and I need the exhaust to kick things off! Where can I purchase the tips or the catback for a '00 R? Or do any of you '00 guys have a set you'd be willing to sell? I really only need the tips unless I can find a used catback for sale...please help me out here guys! Thanks in advance, -Josh

Josh - Your '94 looks good!!

R

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
bad93snake said:
I was hoping that someone had upgraded their exhaust and would be willing to sell their stock setup...probably wishful thinking.
Since I have converted my R to a fully dedicated race car, I have no plans to put the original exhaust back in. I would entertain selling it to you, so please PM me if you are interested.

cobra-boss

Established Member
I have a set of Borola mufflers and side pipes with the square tips for sale. Drop me an email at: fivelinkcobra AT yahoo DOT com

James

Ron 1995 R

Established Member
bad93snake said:
Yeah, I've look at the spintech systems but they don't have a "R"-like tip do they? I was hoping that someone had upgraded their exhaust and would be willing to sell their stock setup...probably wishful thinking. What about the bassani upgrade...do you think I could make it work on my car? Really I only need the tips, as I'd like to use my borlas and just have a custom system bent up. Any ideas where I could find tips that are similar???

Yes, they have stainless steel R tips.

00R exhaust hooks to the Cat pipe differently.

Mufflers need to be front inlet, front outlet; not a straight through design like factory.

Spintech has the R-tips, mufflers and side pipes in a kit.

Borla no longer makes or stocks their 00R side exit kit...I checked last month.

Last edited:

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys...so spintech does make an "R" style tip?...their website is worthless, I tried the email for info b.s. and it was pretty much worthless too. If anyone has aftermarket "R" style exhaust (bassani, borla, spintech, other) could you post up some close/detailed pics PLEASE? I know the oem exhaust is front inlet/outlet but I can shorten my midpipe, and run my straight thru borlas into the side exhaust...at least that's my idea as of now. Robert M...you're my idol btw...haha. Your '00 is my desktop...do you have any other pics from the photoshoot other than the ones previously posted?

Users who are viewing this thread