Help needed for road race + street clutch.

pablo escobar

Established Member
I need to replace my clutch.

I will be road racing at Homestead Motorspeedway in August.

I also need a clutch that will be decently civil for street driving.

Please take into account that I do not know how to heel-toe quite yet.(or at all).

Also, I am at 585 rwhp and 525rwtq if that helps.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
pablo escobar said:
I need to replace my clutch.

I will be road racing at Homestead Motorspeedway in August.

I also need a clutch that will be decently civil for street driving.

Please take into account that I do not know how to heel-toe quite yet.(or at all).

Also, I am at 585 rwhp and 525rwtq if that helps.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. :beer:

The first step you need to take before you start heel and toeing is to get your brake and gas pedals at the correct height and spacing. Not always the easiest thing to do?!?

pablo escobar

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
The first step you need to take before you start heel and toeing is to get your brake and gas pedals at the correct height and spacing. Not always the easiest thing to do?!?

What is not always easy????? Heel-toe or getting the brake and gas pedal at the correct height????

Also, my clutch is shot anyways. So I have to replace it. I was just wondering if there is a good streetable and race track clutch I could install. Or should I just go with a Centerforce or Spec clutch????

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
pablo escobar said:
What is not always easy????? Heel-toe or getting the brake and gas pedal at the correct height????

Also, my clutch is shot anyways. So I have to replace it. I was just wondering if there is a good streetable and race track clutch I could install. Or should I just go with a Centerforce or Spec clutch????

I can't give you any clutch advice because I'm still on my original clutch.

Sometimes it's difficult to match the heights of your brake and gas pedals. I made an adjustable throttle cable linkage that attaches to the throttle body and I can adjust the gas pedal height with that. When I installed my aluminum racing pedals I cheated the gas and brake pedals as much as I could to get them a little closer together. My car was almost impossible to heel/toe when it was stock!!

Learning to heel and toe is no easy task either! It's difficult to "practice" on the street because 1) you're not ever going very fast and 2) you're not applying the brakes very hard. So practice is best left to the track. Everything happens much faster there and the brakes are being applied much harder. What I did was learned to drive new tracks when I started to develop my heel/toe technique. That was a pretty good way to learn I think? Driving a track you're very familiar with might have a tendency to allow you to fall back on bad habits?

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread