Help needed in Jacksonville Fl...

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
A close friend of mine has a SN95 (I think) Mustang that he gave to a local tuner to do a transplant on. He yanked the V6 and installed a built 302. He has had nothing but problems with this car and it has been in and out of this shop for what seems like 2 years now for a host of different problems.

The shop is called HP Performance and has also been known as Hocus Pocus. Does anyone have any experience with this particular tuner?

If your experience was bad but don't want to publicly bad-mouth them...feel free to PM me.

thanx

Last edited:

i3ooivl

Established Member
HP is the best place in the world!!!! Tony really knows what he's doing. I'm surprised to hear your friend is having problems.

Check out their website and talk to people on their forums, if there's a problem they'll get it fixed.

http://hpfords.com/

mgstang

Established Member
Actually, hpfords isnt HP's forum, however Tony does read it. Its mainly a bunch of friends.

I'm friends w/ Tony and the guys at HP...I've never known them to do bad work and have sent several people to them. What problems is your friend having? And if he's having problems I suggest him talking to Tony directly... not having you post on his behalf on a forum.

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
mgstang said:
Actually, hpfords isnt HP's forum, however Tony does read it. Its mainly a bunch of friends.

I'm friends w/ Tony and the guys at HP...I've never known them to do bad work and have sent several people to them. What problems is your friend having? And if he's having problems I suggest him talking to Tony directly... not having you post on his behalf on a forum.

My friend isn't exactly "car savy" like most of us and that's why I'm posting for him. To be clear, I am NOT doing this to give Tony a bad rap. I only want to see what others "in the know" have experienced with him and it's likely that my friend is seeing something that isn't there (he's a great guy and would be the first to admit that)

My friend went to pick up his car today and upon starting it, found that there was no oil pressure. His description to me sounded legit. Again I'm just trying to fing out about this guys rep and I have a lot of trust in this forums opinion.

mgstang

Established Member
I understand. I say you guys just give him a call and see whats going on. I've never known Tony to turn his back on anyone or anything. He's bent over backwards people more times than I can count and more times than he should have.

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
mgstang said:
What problems is your friend having? And if he's having problems I suggest him talking to Tony directly... not having you post on his behalf on a forum.

I understand your point. The only thing I know for sure is that my friend has taken a car to him at least 2 years ago (approximately) to have an engine transplant. Every time he has gotten it back (several times now, not sure how many), he'd barely get one drive out of it and would develope some sort of problem related to the engine build and transplant. That said...I know this guy. While not exactly a mechanic, he doesn't beat his cars and to the contrary, doesn't drive them nowhere near how cars of this calibur are meant to be driven. Essentially, he babies them. I have gone on numerous cruises with him (he has a vette as well) and he is always is the last in the pack. I have never even seen him so much as spin his tires.

Having said that, I can build a 302, drop it in a V6 Mustang in under a week and I know that it would be a done deal...no problems. So far this has been a very looooooooonnnngggggg affair for a relatively simple job. Something just doesn't sound right to me knowing how my friend drives.

About me posting for him...I'm not. He doesn't know I did this. I did it because I take care of my friends. My friend has stated that Tony has taken the car back in to fix the discrepencies he's had so far, and hasn't in any way implied that they're not trying to make things right, BUT as soon as he gets it back something else breaks if he even looks at the car the wrong way. If someone had my car for that long for a relatively simple procedure, and I couldn't make it more than a mile without something breaking every time I drove it...I wouldn't be too freakin friendly...would you?

Either way, I'm not asking whether or not you feel I should be backing him up, or posting this as I could care less...I'm asking about this guys rep as a tuner and you gave your answer....with 5 posts to your credit, I'll take that answer with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread