Help Needed, My Dash Light Is Out..

Black99L

SVT FAN!
Established Member
Guys,

The cluster light on my truck went out the other night. The fuse has been checked and is okay. Odometer still lights, as well as aftermarket stereo and heat/ac lights.

The truck is a 99... How long does the bulb usually last? Is there anything else I can check before asking you guys how to rip apart the dash :)

Thanks!

Kyle

77mirage

Established Member
You can fix it, however you need to remove the cluster and disasemble part of it to remove the fuse sandwiched inside the cluster. I have a link below and if you follow the instructions, you wont have to worry about it again. I did this repair two years back after reading about it and I have never had a problem since. My biggest advice if you do the repair is: take your time (its not a hard repair, just cant be rushed) and next is do not use an over powered soldering gun. If you use too big of a gun, you can damage other parts close by what you need to remove with the heat then you are screwed(the blown fuse is tiny with other circuits near) Dont let this scare you though, I screw more things up than I can fix, but it was actually not bad to do, and saved me a lot of $$$.
http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142895&highlight=cluster

Users who are viewing this thread