Help....Nitrous ???'s............

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
I had been running my ZEX wet kit for almost a month now with no problems. Well, today I took my wife to the doctor in another town about 80 miles away and while coming home I noticed that I have developed a significant skip. Now I still have in the stock plugs, so do you guys think that they finally fouled? The car still has good power, it's just that driving normally at a cruising speed with minimal throttle is when I feel the skip.(surging) I have 2 range colder copper core plugs in the trunk, but I was procrastinating the installation of them, as I am not eager to tackle the chore. I hope that this is all that is wrong............any input will be greatly appreciated!!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
It may be the plugs are bad. They shouldn't be fouled that quick, but I've seen stranger things happen. Does the Zex kit splice into the factory harness for anything other than power, switch and ground? Have you checked all your connections that you made on the electrical end?

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Yea, but they are the stock plugs, and I'm hoping the skip is from the heat in the cylinder burning them, because it will get hotter than it should there without the colder range plugs.........well lets hope like hell that is the problem. (*puts hands together and looks towards heaven*)

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
You should have taken out the stock plugs a long time ago, if you knew you were going to use nitrous! Change your plugs, but don't put the platinum ones back in. Use a colder plug and gap them at .035 to .038

Users who are viewing this thread