Help!!! Oil Leak.

RJM

Informed SVT Poster
Established Member
It would seem that after my first drive since fall last night i have a big oil leak. it is coming from a hole in the oil cooler on the bottom (very small hole) that goes between the oil filter and the block. The round aluminum cooler about the same size and shape as the oil filter. It looks like its a hole with a tiny tiny tiny drive pin in it. or is it just a casting flaw? its hard to see up close. ok if its a flaw than thats why its leaking and i need to replace it no biggy. if its a cast in hole with a pin in it why would it start leaking. oil presures fine so i didnt drop the pump. please tell me someone knows whats up with this. car has 20,000 miles on it running M1 oil. i can post a few pics but you cant see much.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Do a search on leaking oil coolers on here. You should get something back from that. That little hole is a weep hole. Its supposed to be there.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
that pin hole is supposed to be there.

probably a bad gasket or o ring in the cooler.

RJM

Informed SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks blk96svt I see the post that you where talking about. guees I'll try pulling the filter and tightening up the cooler first then if that doent fix it just buy a new one. :)

RJM

Informed SVT Poster
Established Member
just the wheels on it.
DSC01956.JPG
btw im adding pics this is a test one first.

after the springs and 04 parts ALL PICS BEFORE THE CAR GOT A ZANIO DETAIL SO DONT HATE! And BTW the car sit about 1/2" lower now cause this was right after the spring went on. Also to all those who say the 03-04 front cover doesnt fit...well very little to make it fit the way you see it....about 5 mins and it look factory.

DSC02098.JPG

DSC02097.JPG

DSC02099.JPG

DSC02100.JPG

yes those are still 01 foglights
DSC02102.JPG

and before and after (hour apart) pics of the back of the car

DSC01954.JPG

after
DSC02096.JPG

sorry they are not taken an hour apart. the first one was taken before the springs i do have another pic of the rear before with the 01 rear cover taken in the same spot as i didnt move the car from where you see it in the second pic took a pic,put the new cover on, then took the second pic you see here. if you REALLY need to seee it i have to host it up first.

also be on the lookout for a vid im making of me making a set of slick out of a new set of the 335's ....the fastest way i can think of...lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread