Help on converting flat tappet to roller

Five-ohh-Love

Established Member
I have an 85 302 block im working with. It HAS the 2 bosses in the lifter valley to hold down the spider, just not threaded. The motor had flat tappets in it when pulled apart. Im going with a B303 so my question is- Can i thread the bosses, throw some OE style roller lifters in it, and install the spider and call it a day? Technically it is a roller motor, it just uses flat tappets.

snakeconvert98

Established Member
I have an 85 302 block im working with. It HAS the 2 bosses in the lifter valley to hold down the spider, just not threaded. The motor had flat tappets in it when pulled apart. Im going with a B303 so my question is- Can i thread the bosses, throw some OE style roller lifters in it, and install the spider and call it a day? Technically it is a roller motor, it just uses flat tappets.

Saw a tv show where they did just what you are talking about , believe it was on Hot Rod TV , can't remember exactly what all they did but do remember them drilling the holes in the lifter valley and tapping them to hold the spider in place . May try a search of their site to see what comes up , also try Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords site to see if there is any info there also , good luck and post your findings here !

Users who are viewing this thread