HELP, P0193 after ride home from my RXT install?

braindontstop31

Established Member
Ok so I installed my Mcleod RXT, 26 spline input shaft, and Quicktime bellhousing this weekend at my friends house (he has a lift). The install went well, took all day Saturday at a steady pace. Starter is a little tight to flywheel (making that screching noise). I am going to make the holes in the starter a little larger and try to move starter away from flywheel.
Not sure what else to do on that. Anyway that is not my question. After the install I started the car several times no problem other than screching noise. Probably started it about 20 times or so at my friends house. I drove it home about 20 miles no problems I even glanced at my dual wide bands a couple times and everything looked normal. I got home and parked the car in the driveway relaxed for a little bit, went back outside to show my daughter the noise the starter was making and it would not start. It would crank but would not start, a couple times it started and fell right on its face and died. Gas smell was present and and i got the SES light. I was getting a P0193 code (high fuel pressure). I pulled the vac/boost line from the FRPS and didn't see fuel. I had a spare FRPS in the glovebox and went ahead and changed it out and reset code. I get back in the car and put the gas pedal to the floor and turned the key to start and it cleared out and started. I let it idle for a couple minutes everything look normal with the A/F ratio on booth widebands. Turned car off, came back a couple minutes later and same thing. Car would crank but not start, smelled gas. SES light on again P0193. Took FRPS off and I could see gas in the vac/boost line.

I stopped at this point and was trying to think WTF? I had the battery unhooked during the clutch install about 10 hours or so. Could the tune somehow got scarmbled? I know that sounds really far out. Maybe the FPDM or BAP messed up? I am going to get back underneath the car and just make sure we did not hurt any of the wiring to the O2 sensors. I am 99.999999% sure that we did not mess anything up down there but just for the hell of it look at it again.

Any ideas? I would appreciate any ideas/help.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread