Help Please. Broken T-45, Unknown problem..

icobra99

Established Member
Well a few days ago me and a few buddy's were driving around, and were on a road that was exceptionally grippy. It was fairly warm outside also. We made a turn a turn and I cruised up to about 25 and got on it pretty hard. I shifted, and instead of spinning like crazy it really gripped hard, I heard a kind of thunk noise and the tranny started grinding really nasty. It will stay in neutral, and will go into any gear. But when I as I start to easy off the clutch and heard the nasty grinding noise start and I put it back in neutral really quick.
Any one have an idea what could be wrong? I tried searching but all I get is people with broken shift forks and shit lol. Thanks in advance guys, don't know what I''d do without ya.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Sounds like you may have snapped your input shaft. Sounds just like how mine acted afterward. Put it in any gear no prob like the engine was off. When you let
Out the clutch in gear like you were taking off you'd get a terrible racket.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you have 564 rwhp and were still running the stock t45, I guarantee it is time for a rebuild. Pull it out and send it to the t45 source or promotion

icobra99

Established Member
I was under the impression that my tranny was already built.. But still with a 10 spline input, so that could likely be the case quick01. I have talked to Zak in the past and still have quotes from before, so I will probably go with him. Although I will have to add a new 26 spline shaft and clutch to the cost lol!
Thanks for the help guys, gonna tear it down and see what's going on for sure.

jacker1991

Established Member
Props for having a 10 spline input at your power level, you are brave lol. Hopefully everything works out. Good luck!

Mike out!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Text book input shaft failure mine went the same way, at near stock power levels.

Users who are viewing this thread