Help please fastest evo in country?

swardrn

Established Member
My little brother is into imports and one of his friends has an evo who has stock turbos and he is talking smack saying he will eat my 03 cobras ass (505 hp 530 tq). He claims 9.50 1/4 miles on the stock turbos. Is that possible? I am turning high 10s and I think he could not beat me. Anybdy know about evos?

RyMac

Established Member
Originally posted by swardrn
My little brother is into imports and one of his friends has an evo who has stock turbos and he is talking smack saying he will eat my 03 cobras ass (505 hp 530 tq). He claims 9.50 1/4 miles on the stock turbos. Is that possible? I am turning high 10s and I think he could not beat me. Anybdy know about evos?

He's full of s#it. There is absolutely no way to go that fast on the stock turbo, it is way too small. Race him and beat that a$$ for money:thumbsup: .

GoNSyco

Established Member
Those turbos couldn't handle that much power. He might be able to get about 550 out of it at the crank. With stock turbo's it would be hard to get into the mid 11's.

swardrn

Established Member
No he claims 9.50s in the 1/4. He wants to run my friends supra who turns 9.90 at 145 in the 1/4. He claims he beat a 1000 hp cobra the other day.

swardrn

Established Member
I remember someone on this board posting about an evo that turned 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and the 1/4 mile at 11.6. It was supposedly the fastest stock turbo one out there.

GoNSyco

Established Member
What Supra is that? Don't know of many Supra's in the single digits other than that big players like Sound Performance, Wide Open Throttle Motorsports, Titan, and Venom. Ya there 0-60 is great cuz of AWD. My truck has a 0-60 of 4.7.

RyMac

Established Member
Originally posted by swardrn
I remember someone on this board posting about an evo that turned 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and the 1/4 mile at 11.6. It was supposedly the fastest stock turbo one out there.

:shrug: So what in the H are you worried about. Just some punk who knows not what he speaks. In the words of Starsky "Do IT, Do IT!", and for money too:thumbsup: .

Cal

Established Member
Just say:

"Okay if you can beat a 1000hp Cobra you should surely beat me. But why dont we race anyway?"

If he say's, "Naa It just uh waste uv ma gasss foo!!!11" just offer to buy him a full tank of premuim when its done. If he still refuses, just shuv the sh*t back into his face by telling him its pretty much impossible to run 9 seconds on stock turbo's. Get it on tape (secretly at first) then show him the camera when the conversation is finished and threaten to put it on the internet to show the world what an idiot he is. That should work......... Damn I love blackmail.

Blue03Snake

Established Member
i don't know much (ok, actually pretty much nothing) about EVO's...but i thought i read somewhere you can turn them up to 29 lbs of boost. Maybe a FULL bolt-on, boost-controlled, BOV, and all the other goodies are good for 11.1 on a stock turbo set-up at 29 lbs of boost...then consider....and lets just say since hes a punk kid like myself, he'll add a 200 shot of nitrous...that HAS to be DAMN close to a low 10, high 9 second car(depending on the launch)...unless im wrong? again i dont know much about them so please enlighten me...

Last edited:

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Snake
i don't know much (ok, actually pretty much nothing) about EVO's...but i thought i read somewhere you can turn them up to 29 lbs of boost. Maybe a FULL bolt-on, boost-controlled, BOV, and all the other goodies are good for 11.1 on a stock turbo set-up at 29 lbs of boost...then consider....and lets just say since hes a punk kid like myself, he'll add a 200 shot of nitrous...that HAS to be DAMN close to a low 10, high 9 second car(depending on the launch)...unless im wrong? again i dont know much about them so please enlighten me...

29lbs of boost and 200 shot = no more motor.

IE Evo

Established Member
No way Jose. A big laggy gt35r has run 9s but that is the fastest that I have heard of. Stock turbo is capable of high 11s on the edge and on the ragged edge 11.6 at 115mph-117mph. Not safe in my opinion but not in fear of blowing up anything is possible. No way 10s and more likely low 12s on stock turbo that is tuned very well on race gas. Kid is full of it and if you are running 10s that Evo has to have a big turbo and some great tuning to stay up. OUT!

swardrn

Established Member
my friends supra

My friends has a supra which turns 9.90-10.3 at about 140-145. It is fast as shit. He is an AUTO!!!. 4k stall 29 psi and nos. Whole car is upgraded. Full interior too. looks stock as hell there is a video on ls1.com we posted where he raced my stepdads 331 stroker 5.0 and he turned I think 10.3. search for my handle on ls1.com and look for his replies his name is t6rocket.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
i very serously doubt a stock turbo car is running anywhere close to 9's. race him and take his money. kill him from a roll. hell, you would beat him from a stop, just as long as you hook decently. might be playing catchup for the first few hundred feet though. i have raced modified (not heavily modified) wrx's and evo's, and have never lost, with just a pulley, chip, K&N and exhaust.

Cal

Established Member
Originally posted by 03InThe11s
i very serously doubt a stock turbo car is running anywhere close to 9's. race him and take his money. kill him from a roll. hell, you would beat him from a stop, just as long as you hook decently. might be playing catchup for the first few hundred feet though. i have raced modified (not heavily modified) wrx's and evo's, and have never lost, with just a pulley, chip, K&N and exhaust.

Racing from a stop for money isnt such a good idea when you consider the person he is racing. The evo would get out ahead first (if he knows how to launch) and as soon as he see's the Cobra gaining he'll stop and say he won.

Then again, a cobra running 10's should pull back pretty quick I. At least I think so.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
Originally posted by Cal
Racing from a stop for money isnt such a good idea when you consider the person he is racing. The evo would get out ahead first (if he knows how to launch) and as soon as he see's the Cobra gaining he'll stop and say he won.

Then again, a cobra running 10's should pull back pretty quick I. At least I think so.

good point. i would definatly have a set ending point. preferably a little longer than a 1/4 mile. and have witnesses.

94RX-7

Established Member
Originally posted by GoNSyco
What Supra is that? Don't know of many Supra's in the single digits other than that big players like Sound Performance, Wide Open Throttle Motorsports, Titan, and Venom. Ya there 0-60 is great cuz of AWD. My truck has a 0-60 of 4.7.
Don't forget GroundZero. But yeah, I do think that guy if full of it

Users who are viewing this thread