Help Please. Stock Boost gage broke...

cobra101

Established Member
Last week it was real hot, 114 degrees. My boost gage needle went from sitting near the "0" to sitting way lowere like the 9 o'clock position. It still works and seems accurate when it is in boost (pegs needle when full boost). Now, it is interminent. Some days it works and somedays it doesn't even move. How can I fix this? Vaccum line in dash? under hood? any suggestions are appreciated.

-thanks

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
cobra101 said:
So, I imagine I unscrew and remove the glove box to get to it? sounds pretty simple, is it?

Just open it all the way, then push the tabs in on either side of the box. It will drop right down. Tube is right there.

cobra101

Established Member
Didnt see any tabs. I noticed two philips head screws on the bottom. a metal plate, looks like if I unscrew them the glove box will drop down.

I dunnno, I will look again.

ScrmngYellow04

Somebody's Watching Me
Established Member
Dont look under the dash, open the glove box find the tabs on each side and push towards the center of the glove box.

It will pop open.

The vaccum line is yellow for the boost gauge.

Steel Horse

Established Member
The metal pin that the needle sits on could have came out of place causing it to fall, and work improperly. Does your need go past 10 on the boost gauge or does it stop at 10? If so you could take the gauge bezel off, unbolt the 8 start bolts and pull off the clear shield that goes over the gauges and see if the boost needle feels loose. it should only take you 30-40 min to check.

cobra101

Established Member
When the needle works it works fine and does peg the gauge past 10, like it had in the past.

Sometimes it is just dead, does nothing. other times it works but sits at 9 o'clock rather near the zero.

I will go out again and look for those tabs.

Users who are viewing this thread