Help Please

HaroldP

Established Member
I have an 03 Cobra that runs very strong but after driving it hard for about 30 minutes or more and turn it off it starts up but immediately cuts off. The only solution is it sit for a few minutes or I press on the accelerator before it dies and then it will stay started. In the morning it starts right up no problem. What could be going on? Thanks for any insight

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
We need to know your mods and if you are tuned to be of much help here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HaroldP

Established Member
I agree with Mike. Moved to here also for better help.
Bassani catback exhaust, steeda cold air, pulley and just had it tuned. I have replaced the plugs gapped, alternator, battery. It runs very strong no hesitation or anything. It just doesnt start after driving it hard. If i drive it easy it will start as much as i need it to. thanks

HaroldP

Established Member
Powercurve performance. It was doing this prior to tune. the only difference is it was throwing the p0190 code before but not now.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Whose car did you buy? I just looked through your posts, and well, and no offense, but you seem clueless about these cars.

HaroldP

Established Member
I would agree that was the purpose of me posting my question here. No offense but if I had the answer I wouldn't have asked for the help . I am not sure how the statement of me being clueless helps but oh well.

HaroldP

Established Member
if you must know I always wanted this car after having 3 GT's over the years. So I purchased one.

Stanger00

Established Member
If you had it tuned call the shop and let them know these conditions and see if they have a fix for a hot starting problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I would agree that was the purpose of me posting my question here. No offense but if I had the answer I wouldn't have asked for the help . I am not sure how the statement of me being clueless helps but oh well.
It wasn’t meant to be offensive honestly. I just wasn’t sure if you knew what you where getting into when you brought the car. Did you buy the car from here? I saw you inquiring about cars listed here.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It wasn’t meant to be offensive honestly. I just wasn’t sure if you knew what you where getting into when you brought the car. Did you buy the car from here? I saw you inquiring about cars listed here.
Easy Bradley. Consider this a warning.

rccg94

Established Member
I purchased my Cobra from a forum member almost two years back now and when I first got it I had a similar situation. It would cut out when I took my foot off the gas - not every time but seemed more often after I got on it a bit. It ran like a bat out of hell and smooth as can be but then it would stall sometimes unless I feathered the gas.

Even though I know the computer should make up for altitude changes, I partially attributed it to the fact it came from sea level and I live outside Denver at altitude. I figured getting a tune specific to my environment was worth it even if it did not turn out to be the fix for the issue. Once I had the tune done, it went away completely and has not happened since.

I did some research before I took it to my tuner and did find there was a TSB on stalling issues - it's mentioned several times on this forum dating back to 2005. Obviously I don't have a crystal ball but it might help:

17-54-2 DRIVEABILITY - Stall Issue - Referred to as 'Lack of Power on Decel". SOME 2003 MUSTANG COBRA VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT DRIVABILITY CONCERNS INCLUDING LOSS OF POWER ON DECEL. THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY THE CALIBRATION OF THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM). TO SERVICE, REPROGRAM THE PCM WITH THE LATEST CALIBRATION AVAILABLE USING WDS RELEASE B29.3 OR HIGHER.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread