help please

golstho

Established Member
my black 03 has some nasty looking swirls and scratches and no longer shines. after some reading in this forum i am thinking of this:
SSR 2.5
SSR 2
SSR 1
to get rid of the swirls
EX-P to seal
Nattys Blue Past Wax
Does this sound good? Are the stepps in the right order? Remove scratches-Seal paint-Wax So after this I should be good right? No need to do anything else? Any help or advice would be great.
Thanks

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
I don't know for sure but I don' think the SSR 2 and 1 are neccesary but I may be wrong, other than that looks great.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
golstho said:
so just do the SSR 2.5 and then go straight to the sealing step?

No, if you use 3.0 or 2.5, you need to finish off with ssr1, or you will leave hazing from the larger polishing molecules, and you may not see it until you pull your car out of the garage. Trust me, I found out the hard way. But I learned to do it right!!!
tintsyo031.gif

Sonic Snake

Established Member
Must use SSR1 after SSR 2.5. He's right. You probably won't need SSR2 though. Make sure you use the right compounds with the right pad, in the right order. :coolman:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Not True you can use VM after 2.5 and it will take care of it. But if you use SSR 3 you will need to use SSR1, Because the HAZING will start.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Skip the SSR2 altogether, just SSR2.5 then SSR1, and after the SSR1, use clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze. Also, I would use EX instead of EX-P on black :shrug:

golstho

Established Member
Sonic Snake said:
Must use SSR1 after SSR 2.5. He's right. You probably won't need SSR2 though. Make sure you use the right compounds with the right pad, in the right order. :coolman:

what pads do i use with each? i am trying this for the first time. usually dont keep a car long enough to need to do this, but i really like this one and i wont to keep it looking good for a long time.

golstho

Established Member
pj_rage said:
Skip the SSR2 altogether, just SSR2.5 then SSR1, and after the SSR1, use clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze. Also, I would use EX instead of EX-P on black :shrug:

ok do i need both of these?
check my steps guys.
1 SSR2.5
2 SSR1
3 Red Moose Machine Glaze
4 EX (to seal)
5 Wax (i guess carnauba) What is the best wax to finish up with?

do i need all these steps? anything i need to know before i attempt this?

Last edited:

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
You are doing this by hand right? It has been my experience that it takes forever to get swirls out by hand, if at all, so don't get discouraged if they all don't come out...

Otherwise, yeah, your order looks good. Grab Natty's blue paste wax for your wax.

Users who are viewing this thread