Help Please!

Soybean55

Established Member
This weekend I tried to install Steeda underdrive pulleys on my 99 cobra. Managed to get the altenator pulley and harmonic balancer switched out PITA. Anyways for some reason the frpp engine that was swapped in my car has the 01 water pump and the pulleys I ordered have the 99 water pump dumb mistake on my part. I tried to use the stock water pump pulley with the new installed pulleys but now the belt is loose due to the size difference Since this is my daily driver and I have to wait to get new water pump pulley is there a shorter belt I can purchase I really dont want to re pull the pulleys and install stock ones any suggestion would be appreciated since this is my dd and I got to work monday:burn:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
No, there is only one size belt in the whole world.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Get a piece of string and run it through the pulleys, that will give you a starting point. You will have to make a couple trips to the parts store, but they usually take returns if it doesn't fit.

Soybean55

Established Member
Nice guess I deserved that! yeah I went down 2 belt sizes and american muscle got the new water pump sent out to me within 3 days then I returned the belt didnt spend a dime love it

GoatSlayer

Banned
Nice guess I deserved that! yeah I went down 2 belt sizes and american muscle got the new water pump sent out to me within 3 days then I returned the belt didnt spend a dime love it

Seriously? You used a belt and returned:loser:. WTF! Now somebody else is going to buy that belt thinking that its new when its not.

KARMA IS A BITCH!:kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread