Help price my new Terminator plz!

EVIL .SVT

Established Member
Hello everyone!
So I have been looking around for a while at an 03-04
and found a white vert for sale with 150K miles.
Whats a reasonable price for this car considering it is in good/very good condition?
Also what are some things I should look out for when I go look at the car for a test drive?
Any and all help/info is greatly appreciated thanks!

JKDSVT

Established Member
I'm gonna take a stab at this once since I just purchased one a couple weeks back and studied the Terminator market for months literally looking at hundreds of them. So I consider myself very versed in today's Terminator market. I'm going to guess $12-14k depending on condition. The fact it has so many miles on it and is a vert really helps its price. Convertibles and high mileage vehicles typically go for the least amount. Therefore since yours has both I think you could likely get a good deal on it.

Sent from my XT1254 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Got a link that you're willing to share? I know some don't because they don't want someone else scooping up the car.

Oscar_SVT_Jr

Established Member
I purchased my 03 sonic blue vert with 105k miles close to 2 years ago. Bought it for $14k. Which I thought was reasonable because of it being a vert and the miles and being a god Dayum Sonic Blue cobra and That I always wanted!

Sent from my VS995 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

EVIL .SVT

Established Member
Thx for the info! Thats around the ball park i was thinking 12-14k
I would post a link but Im currently sweet talking the owner trying to get the best deal I can :D

Oscar_SVT_Jr

Established Member
Timspony read my mind. Also check the fluids. It also helps getting a Carfax report. When test driving I'd say do a pull or 2 to see if the car shakes during high speeds. Listen carefully while driving it. Have you and an other person test drive it as well if possible.

Sent from my VS995 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
A 150K miles?????? Dayum, that's a lot. In this case I would ask is the car original or has the owner refurbished any worn out parts? You will need to look at everything.

Cosmetics will be obvious (anything broken, missing, torn or just plain worn out).

Then all i can say is make sure EVERYTHING works. Check that the top and windows go up and down. Make sure ALL electrical switches work. Check the suspension (ball joints, struts, shocks, springs, etc). Check the brakes and tires. Then check mechanical.

Check to see if it smokes or smells like burnt oil on start up. Make sure there is no unusual valve noise and make sure there is no unusual transmission noise while driving and shifting. Listen to the supercharger to make sure it is not making any unusual noise. There is oil in the front of the supercharger for the gears (that should be changed) and it does have internal bearings that can go bad.

Granted it's an old car with lots of miles and will not be perfect and I'm sure there will be things that need addressing. Good luck with your potential purchase.

EVIL .SVT

Established Member
some great tips thx guys!
I will def have a compression check done.
And Im not really working with a budget per say I just happened on this one for a decent price so I have been trying to figure out if I wanna pull the trigger.
I talked to owner down to 11k..

Users who are viewing this thread