Help! (pricing on fox)

ScrpnVNM

Established Member
There is a guy selling a 1990 mustang GT for $6500. The car is immaculate inside and outside. Only thing I found were tires a little on the edge of needing replacement, the power rearview mirrors work only sometimes after I push the button a few times, and there seems to be a small oil leak. I could not see where it was coming from because it was getting dark, but it was close to where the rad. hose goes to the water pump. It drives great, sounds great, all lights work (one fog light is missing the lens but it seems to work fine. His wife has kept ALL service records, and the car not modified in any way. Even the stock air box is untouched. I guess what I'm asking is... is that a good price? The lady said she won't go lower than $6k (she's the one that drove it the most... which I guess isn't a bad thing). Clutch is ok too, no signs of going out anytime soon.

Sorry for the long message, and thanks in advance

ScrpnVNM

Established Member
DAMN! really? seems like every fox I see for sale on here is around $10k with anything from h/c to just exhaust.

blown88gt

Established Member
there are 2 notches for sale around me. Both are about stock. One has springs both have gears. straight bodies need a paint job though he has one listed at 6500 and one at 5800 so i guess in Ga that is about right. I paid 4 even for mine and it needs interior work a fender and paint. but has a gear h/c/i and a charger.

Last edited:

ScrpnVNM

Established Member
Cool, you live in warner robins? I've been there a couple times, my cousin used to live there. Yeah, I've been looking at the FS threads and I'm starting to believe I'm not going to get a fox body for less than $6k if in mint condition. Lets see what happens... I actually have the money :)

Hunt93FiveO

Waiting
Established Member
Damn thats alot...I bought mine for 4750 and its in great condition only things wrong is the air condishner(sp?) doesn't work..It was bone stock but now anymore..Only thing bad is that it has 165k on it

Last edited:

91hatch

Established Member
6k is kinda hard might be able to justify payin that much for one if it was low miles and a 5 speed but other than that its kinda pricey for a fox

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Foxes prices are crazy, so yea, Id say 6 is about what most people are asking. Would I ever pay it? Hell no. Im sorry, but its a fox, not a damn late 90s. These owners have gotten ridiculus lately. Makes finding a fun project damn difficult for the guy like me.

blown88gt

Established Member
It all depends man. Fox stangs have been said to be the MOST collecetable American made car in the 80s. You gotta think man they are getting into collectors age and the price for a mint virgin fox is gonna go up.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Sounds pretty good to me. Around here the prices of fox's have gone through the roof. I found on ewith 265k on it, holes in the seats, missing the steering column cover, etc, and they wanted 5k for it(dealership). The nice foxes around here are 10k minimum. Some of the nicer ones are hitting the low 20's now...

In one way it's nice, because I still have mine, but the other side of it is I want another for my wife and I can't even find one that would qualify as a decient project car for less than 4500...

Users who are viewing this thread