HELP! Rear Brake Calipers Leaking!

bLk 03 c0uPe

lOw CoBra
Established Member
Ok so i did complete metal braided hoses on all 4 brake calipers. I go ahead and bleed the brakes. Than i get in the car start it up and start pumping the brakes. It goes straight to the floor, so im like WTF... I go ahead and look for leaks and i get to the right rear and there is fluid coming from the inside of the caliper. Does anybody make a rebuild kit? Also while i was bleeding the brakes fluid came from the screw that the emergency brake spring is attached to. Any input? I know those springs are a big PAIN IN THE AS* to put back on so i didn't take them off... I just don't know what the hell happened. It was to dark tonight for me to take the caliper off and inspect the damage. If the rear calipers need rebuliding do you think its worth it to put new rear calipers on, or should i just rebuild them? Also since brake fluid got all over my BRAND NEW hawk hps ceramic pads do i need to use new pads now? The rear rotors are brand new from power slot. Any help is greatly appreciated. The fronts were fine.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
which braided kit did you use? you sure it's not the banjo bolt? the aftermarket kits (like mm) require a lot less tq than factory spec

bLk 03 c0uPe

lOw CoBra
Established Member
i used the J&M ones, and i tourqed them to spec that came with them. I know that the leak is coming from inside the caliper. So i think its the o ring around the piston. Where can i get a rebuild kit?

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I could be wrong, but I don't think there are rebuild kits for the rears, because of the parking brake, they want you to replace the caliper.

Users who are viewing this thread