Help requested: Low oil pressure sensor

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Ok, the low oil level sensor in the oilpan of my car seems to have been replaced with a temp sensor for an after market gauge. I also think the connector from the harness to the original sensor was clipped. Can anyone post a pic of the underneath of their car that would have a close up shot of that sensor / harness?

Also, does anyone know if this was unique to the cobra or if the GT's got this feature too?

I need to find a wrecked cobra (or GT) that I could get the harness connector off of and solder it back on (if mine is in fact cut off).

REALLY appreciate any help. :beer:

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The low oil level sensor in the pan is the same from 1983-1995 and was used in most Ford/Lincoln/Mercury passenger cars in that time period that had a 5.0 engine.

The harness to that sensor is just a single wire that has a black round/cylinder plastic connector that is about 3/8" long and it snaps into the pan sensor and is held by a wire clip.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Noticed you have a low mile feature vert..... go look underneith it as it will be exactly the same as what the cobra is suppose to have.

Users who are viewing this thread