Help save SVT

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
SVT needs your support. I'm going to keep this message short and to the point. It appears that there are some people within Ford that feel that the SVT brand is no longer needed and is a waste of Ford's resources. I ask that each one of you take 5 minutes out of your life write a letter similar to the one below to let Ford know what SVT means to you. This is not a chain letter and is not an internet rumor. I can’t really prove it but your going to have to trust your gut on this one.

Example Letter:

To Whom It May Concern,

My name is and I’ve recently been informed that the upcoming release of the SVT Lightning and SVT Cobra have been postponed. I am very upset by this news, as I intended to purchase these new vehicles promptly following their release. I currently own a 2003 SVT Cobra and have been a loyal Ford customer for many years.

However, if SVT will not pledge ongoing support for its customers then I will take my business to one of the competing auto manufacturers.

Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to combat these unfortunate circumstances.

Sincerely,

And fax it to the SVT Fax line: 313-621-2500.

I know we are all busy but SVT needs your support now more than ever.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
I am writing in response to your recent email regarding Ford's decision to postpone the launch of the next-generation SVT F-150 Lightning.

On behalf of everyone at SVT, thank you very much for taking the time to write to express your feelings. By any measure, the SVT F-150 Lightning has been a very successful product for Ford. With a total of 39,687 SVT F-150 Lightnings produced since 1993, the Lightning is the longest-running, best-selling sport truck nameplate in the industry. With a unique blend of performance, style, functionality, and value, Lightning is truly an icon product.

Over the years, the SVT F-150 Lightning has earned Ford a tremendously loyal customer base. Most Lightning owners own other Ford Motor Company products as well. Lightning owners are often responsible for encouraging friends, neighbors, and co-workers to consider Ford products. This is why we at SVT believe that Lightning customers are some of Ford's most valuable customers. Ford and SVT are fortunate to have such a loyal and enthusiastic customer base.

Ever since the news of the postponement of the next-generation Lightning became a matter of public record, we have received numerous letters, faxes, phone calls, and emails from Lightning owners. The overwhelming response to this announcement is a strong indication of the passion that our customers have for this very special product. We are presently in the process of compiling and cataloguing this important and highly valued input from our customers, so that we may share it with Company management.

Any further announcements regarding the SVT F-150 Lightning and/or other SVT programs will be communicated through our dealers and via our website, http://www.svt.ford.com/. Alternatively, feel free to contact me at the SVT InfoCenter, at 1-800-367-3788 (1-800-FORD-SVT), between 8:30am-5:00pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Sincerely,

Matt Tippin

SVT InfoCenter Supervisor

e-mail i finally got from them, hopefully it took so long becuase they got so many.

Users who are viewing this thread