HELP Should I cut my Borla Exhaust Tips??

MikeSop

Established Member
I'm debating on cutting out the center pipes in my exhaust tips... what do you guys think?

I think they would look sweet, but at the same time I like how they are now.

60005382.jpg

By mikesop, shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi at 2009-03-16

27834404.jpg

By mikesop, shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi at 2009-03-16

homer302

Banned
I don't believe you have to cut anything out. I believe Borla calls those intercooled tips and they are made to be removed. I think it makes them sound a little different too.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I've never been a big fan of the intercooled Borla tips, and I'm pretty positive they're not removeable they'd have to be cut.

MikeSop

Established Member
I don't believe you have to cut anything out. I believe Borla calls those intercooled tips and they are made to be removed. I think it makes them sound a little different too.

really? When I look into them, it looks like the tip is just welded on over the pipe.

Do you know how to remove them without cutting them out with a dremel tool?

MikeSop

Established Member
I've never been a big fan of the intercooled Borla tips, and I'm pretty positive they're not removeable they'd have to be cut.

was there any function to these intercooled tips? Just for looks, right?

TermySnake

Established Member
I have the Quiet borla C/B part #14858 & it's really killing me, the tips looks like a a pipe within a pipe. :dw:

Subscribing..

MikeSop

Established Member
I have the Quiet borla C/B part #14858 & it's really killing me, the tips looks like a a pipe within a pipe. :dw:

Subscribing..

Same system as mine... I'm uploading a closer pic that I just took with my blackberry

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
a ) I thought Borla tips were rolled

b ) cut those tips and have a good muffler shop weld in the tips of your choice (personally I'm a fan of double-wall or slash cut)

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
ya, those "intercooled" tips are not designed to seperate. i think it's kind of weak borla doesn't offer a different tip option with the aggressive model.

has any magnaflow owners tried welding in a set of stinger mufflers? does borla sell those seperately?

MikeSop

Established Member
Heres a closer pic...

It looks like there is dust in there because I started cutting with my dremel tool, then stopped. I decided to post this thread to see what everyone thought about this.

Last edited:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
ya, those "intercooled" tips are not designed to seperate. i think it's kind of weak borla doesn't offer a different tip option with the aggressive model.

has any magnaflow owners tried welding in a set of stinger mufflers? does borla sell those seperately?

I put some SLP LM mufflers in my Magnaflow CB... They were the easiest because they clamped right in, no welding.

The tips within tips look like ass IMO

MikeSop

Established Member
Did u cut the exhaust or the tip? :D

I stuck my dremel in the center pipe and started cutting the "ceiling". I didnt cut all the way through yet, but you can't see where i started unless you look in the pipe with a flash light.

I have an extension for my dremel so I will be able to cut the inside pipe, all the way to where the tip is welded on.

TermySnake

Established Member
I stuck my dremel in the center pipe and started cutting the "ceiling". I didnt cut all the way through yet, but you can't see where i started unless you look in the pipe with a flash light.

I have an extension for my dremel so I will be able to cut the inside pipe, all the way to where the tip is welded on.

Post a pic before & after?

MikeSop

Established Member
Post a pic before & after?

I will for sure...

Just don't know yet if I'm going to cut them out or not. A part of me really likes them how they are now... while the other part of me wants to 'change it up' and cut them out. It's just one of those things that would cost a bit of $ to change back.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I will for sure...

Just don't know yet if I'm going to cut them out or not. A part of me really likes them how they are now... while the other part of me wants to 'change it up' and cut them out. It's just one of those things that would cost a bit of $ to change back.

How can you, or anyone for that matter, like the look of those tips?

Looks like you got a clamp on autozone tip to put over the stock tips :lol:

PLEASE CUT IT

Users who are viewing this thread