Help... smoking pig

Soybean55

Established Member
Hey guys,
I have a 2008 gt500 parked it a few months ago. Installed jlt 123 intake frppsingle blade tb, frpp 2.3 TVs 2.6 pulley, lethal catless hpipe and 56lb injectors , vmp triple pass heat exchanger w/o fans. So today I finished loaded up my vmp tune and I got smoking coming from engine bay upon start up and idle I haven't driven it . It appears to be from both sides. No cel is on, I noticed it looks like my altenator pulley wasn't spinning but couldn't tell where smoke was coming from. Could that be the cause I'm kinda lost here and don't know where to begin with troubleshooting. No issues with altenator prior to mods.

MG0h3

Established Member
Well I’d make sure your exhaust isn’t touching anything.

You should be able to tell what type of smoke you have; oil, coolant, belt, etc.

Just go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey guys,
I have a 2008 gt500 parked it a few months ago. Installed jlt 123 intake frppsingle blade tb, frpp 2.3 TVs 2.6 pulley, lethal catless hpipe and 56lb injectors , vmp triple pass heat exchanger w/o fans. So today I finished loaded up my vmp tune and I got smoking coming from engine bay upon start up and idle I haven't driven it . It appears to be from both sides. No cel is on, I noticed it looks like my altenator pulley wasn't spinning but couldn't tell where smoke was coming from. Could that be the cause I'm kinda lost here and don't know where to begin with troubleshooting. No issues with altenator prior to mods.
Tell her you’ll leave her ass if she doesn’t stop......

Soybean55

Established Member
Thanks I will double check exhaust this weekend and take a video. Lol I would leave her but I can't afford it.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Chances are you have something burning off the mid-pipe. I've never seen an alternator completely freeze up, but I wouldn't imagine the belt would be long for this world.

Soybean55

Established Member
Ok I'm an idiot went back over it forgot egr bolts and was definitely the mid pipe burning off oils I suppose just coming out of hood. Bolted the egr back on temp is perfect no cel and smoke is gone. What a difference nto5rs and tvs makes wow!

Users who are viewing this thread