help so cunfused

Ratfink

Established Member
ok so i have a hellion turbo car and was wondering i cant get the boost to go under 18.5-19psi and i really need it lower there are no shims in my wastegate and i turned the boost controler all the way down and still reading 18.5psi plz plz help i really need this down i want to run less without racegas just had to rebuild the motor and dont wanna break it again ya know

please help it will be great to have some

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
What kind of boost controller?

Try removing it and see if that makes a difference, doesn't sound like it is just on gate.

Ratfink

Established Member
its going into this little blue box in the fender well looks like it splits off the vacume line then it goes into two line into the wastegate

carolinacat

...LOST
Established Member
Where does it get its supplied vacume/boost pressure reading from? It should come right off of the turbo compressor housing from there it should run into the eboost solenoid. From the eboost solenoid it should run straight to the wastegate.

What someone was suggesting earlier is that you should run a vacume hose straight from the compresor housing to the fitting on bottom side of the wastegate. This should tell you what spring pressure the wastegate is set at. It might be that the gate has a 17# spring in it and thats low as it will go.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
Yes as mentioned in the post above. What I meant was connect a hose from the compressor directly to the gate and bypass the Eboost2, this will tell you how many lbs of boost the spring in the wastegate will make.
If it is the Evolution gate that comes in the kit it should be set with the 9lb spring from the factory I believe. The other two springs are for less boost as I recall.
I am pretty sure it is a issue with your Eboost2 settings.
I haven't got mine yet but as far as I know they come with a few preprogrammed settings, it may be on the wrong one? Try to take the Eboost2 out of the equation first though.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I had a similar problem for a while. I'm not sure how your EBC compares too mine (I have a Blitz) but, mine was set for an internal actuator instead of external wastegate. Once I switched it over I had no more overboost problems. Just a thought.

Ratfink

Established Member
i read my manual again and i cant find anywhere were it says different settings to switch between the types of wastegates but i am still trying i think my gate pressur setting on the controler was wayway off so im trying to figure it out

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread