HELP, Starting issues

ivandrea

Established Member
Yet another electrical related issue. Independent of my other issues I have had issues with starting. Seems like not enough ass to turn it over. I just bought a Braille battery that has 1100 CCA's. Only started having these issues after all the engine mods, new blower, etc. Any ideas?

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Do you still have your old battery to swap it back out?

Try to jump it to see if it turns over better.

Last edited:

SVTshelby

Established Member
my car had the same issue, just seemed like the starter wasnt strong enough for the motor. the issue we found in my car was the fuel pump had gone out and when the car got hot it would vaporize the fuel before reaching the engine. when the car is off if you leave the door open and radio off, turn the key to the accessory point and listen for the fuel pump, it should be a constant sound and NOT sound like it is cycling something

ivandrea

Established Member
Have the old battery and it has the same effect. I will check to listen to the fuel pumps. I will be taking the starter out to have it checked, probably tomorrow. Did you replace your starter?

SVTshelby

Established Member
nope, it was just simply the fuel pump. mine was actually still covered under warranty my dealership just happened to overlook the intake/pulley haha. Before switching batteries i would just listen to the fuel pump. if it sounds like its cycling (on-off-on-off-on etc...) its out, it should be one constant sound with no interuptions

Users who are viewing this thread