Help steer me with my fuel purchases.

X3FBrian

Established Member
Ok. I'm aiming to make 600hp with a TVS 2.3L. So far I have 60 pound injectors, a diablo mafia and an 03 cobra hat with twin GT pumps and a modified FPDM.

I am really new to fuel management things. Is this adequate enough? Car will obviously be on 91 pump as back home E85 isn't exactly accessible.

Blueline

Established Member
I would go with FRPP 80's, you will not notice a difference and will leave you room to grow without pulling the blower again. I made 647 to the tire with twin gt pumps, 80s, dual fpdm's, -8 feed line, stock rails and if I remember correctly my fpdc was in the high 80%. Hope this helps. There's a sticky at the top of the page that will also help you with fuel mods regarding hp.

SNK-BITE

Established Member
IMO 60's will be all you need at the power level you stated. The set up you listed is fine as longs as you add in the wiring upgrade . If you ever switched to e85 I think you could then justify 80's and maybe a bap to give you a bit of wiggle room.

X3FBrian

Established Member
Wire upgrade for the modified fpdm? Anyone have a link to this? Lethal sells the dual fpdm but I don't wantna go that route.

rudycobra

Established Member
I'd do the lethal wire upgrade and bap . Dual fpdm is personal preference . 60's should b fine . I made 694 with 60's , wire upgrade , dual fpdm , gt pumps , lethals line upgrade and fore rails and a bap . I suggest a division x or fore hat though because of line issues and to correctly wire the pumps .

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I personally like the fore stuff...but whatever you go with, it's just a terrible idea to not do the bap! It doesn't matter if you set it to zero....you're getting the insurance policy of the built in voltage regulator.

Also, whatever power level or fuel type you are shooting for right now...add 100 hp and e85 availability to your decision now instead of later. No one ever lost a motor or had to go through a bunch of hard work later by "over killing" the fuel system now. Do it once and have peace of mind and room to grow.

X3FBrian

Established Member
Looks like I'll be getting a BAP also. This fuel stuff is coming from Timspony's car, and he was able to do E85 with these pumps. I just hope 60's are enough for that.

JMoore112

JM0 SVT
Established Member
I'm running that exact setup making 600 on 93 pump no problem. And yes on the BAP:beer:
E85 is a different ball game, you'll have to ask the corn fed crowd. Everyone i know running E85 has 80s

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Like said above do yourself a favor and get a new hat. I have a Fore hat but there are other options so you can choose what you like. The hat makes wiring in the Gt pumps much easier plus you get the PPRV delete without having to worry about blowing off a fuel line and having to keep dropping the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread