Help stuck in the middle of Ray Hilton boost overlay

pjb03

Established Member
I've read the directions several times and have been on search. How do I get the clear plastic cover off of the gauge cluster? I want to try to calibrate it with the cluster in place because my hands are big. I've rigged my vacuum pump and my t connection under the hood and I can get 10 pounds of boost on both gauges. Can I take the clear plastic cover off without removing the cluster? If I can, I calibrate it with the help of my wife. Thanks.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Dremel tool to remove it.
Super glue or another adhesive to reattach it.
Don't mess with the super glue before attaching you over lay or you'll end up doing it again.
Super glue vapor will adhere to your finger prints and once it dries everything you touched will have a white fingerprint on it...yes from experience..head and eyes looking down in shame!
Don't hink you'll get too far trying to keep the guage cluster in the dash. If you have a friendly car repair shop around they will give you a hand vacuum pump to calibrate. My needle sets on 1psi beacuase of adjustments made to have accuracy above 8 psi.

Last edited by a moderator:

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
NO! the clear peice and the black trim come off together with little clips, just pull the cluster is 10x's easier. DO NOT dremel anything. If you bring it down to Bradenton, I will do it for you...I want to see that BEAST!

Rwick7

Established Member
Uh...I thought the clear cover was held on with torx screws...am I missing something

pjb03

Established Member
You got it 78. I am going to orlando tomorrow to have Dave Caine from Superchips square my tune away. I'll PM you Sat. when I get home. Thanks everyone.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Don't Dremel anything. It's not nessasary. The clear cover is held on to the cluster by several torx screws. Once they are removed you will have access to the needle. As I was reading the instructions over again I see that I really hadn't addressed that issue. I think you're the first person who has questioned that. Thanks for pointing it out. I will make a running change in the instructions to include that step. If you or anyone else has any questions please PM me or call me at my Ph. # that I have provided for techincal help with the instructions. As many on this board will tell you I am more than happy to help. Sorry this step was not spelled out better in the instructions.

Ray H.

ALA G8R

Banned
There is a way to open a retaining clip under the dash that holds the hose to the boost gauge in place. Freeing the boost gauge hose from this clip gives extra relief when removing and installing the gauge cluster. What I mean is that it allows you to pull the gauge cluster out further, allowing bigger hands to get behind the cluster and detach the hose. Same for re-install.

I had mentioned this in an earlier post but couldn't find it. Ray, you may want to research this and add it to your install instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread