HELP!!! Studdering L

MikeDSVT

Established Member
Hey, I havn't been on here for a while but I need some help.

My truck makes a wierd vibration when i hit boost. It kind of sounds liek the supercharger flutters or the engine flutters insrtead of the normal whine of the s/c. And it makes the truck shake....

It is hard to explain in terms of sound but there is a vibration not constant but a flutter real quickly.

And ideas on the problem it may have?

took it to the dealer and it wasn't doing it on the way. They cant seem to figure out what is going on..... since it isnt doing it now

Dealrship ripped me off $97 to tell me they dont know.
I pulled the S/C belt ystdy and the problemis gone....

My belt slid right off one of the idler pullies....
Is it suppose to be that loose? Im gonna get a gatorback and see what is up...maybe it was sliopping? It did have some belt dustall on the edges.....

What the hell did i pay a dealer $97 for? All they did was scan the truck for codes and never looked at anoither single thing.

Would a bad barometric pressure sensor have anythingto do with this, i have had a code for that earlier this summer....

LightningMAS

Banned
u probably had an old belt on there that was worn... switch it out with a new one and u be good to go... do u have a aux. idler kit?? if u dont have one, then u need to get one.. it helps to eliminate belt slipping .. more wraps on the s/c pulley..

for ur code.. do u have a datalogger? if so look under trouble codes and it will show u ur codes problems.. tell us what codes u got?

MikeDSVT

Established Member
truck has no codes....

It had a code earlier this summe p106 for barometric pressure sensor out of range i believe.

Stock idlers and a stock motorcraft belt.

Whip Lash

01 lightning driver
Established Member
smkSHO said:
anyone else?
start with the belt it's cheap
try to get it to happen again.
if it happens again with a new tight belt drop 15 and punt
or check your plugs.

keep us up to date

Whip Lash

01 lightning driver
Established Member
smkSHO said:
BUMP BUMP BUMP before i pull my hair out

I pulled all plugs and changed belt......it still is doing it
Im gonna flip out......
All the plugs looked good?

What mods do you have???

MikeDSVT

Established Member
i chnaged all the plugs....

I have boost bypass, cold air intake, oil sep.....
One coil pack had a spring that was stretched, could this be the problematic piece of the puzzle?

MikeDSVT

Established Member
Well .....

New plugs
New Belt

Same problem.....

I took the belt off and went WOT a couple times and it wouldnt do a thing unusual. This seems odd to me. Fuel issue maybe? How do i test coils?

mustangman1990

Here....Hemi Hemi Hemi!!!
Established Member
sounds like a coil to me. i never charge a customer when i cant find a problem thats just bs what they did. but good thing is that if the engine light comes on or problem becomes more frequent u have 12 months or 12 thousand miles for them to look at it for the money the u gave them. hope this helps some.

Users who are viewing this thread