Help SVT guys? What do I do?

jpetre

Established Member
Well the dealer called today and gave me two bits of bad information. The chrome wheels will not be done in the second batch. :gt:

Then the other bad news was that the computer changed my color from Sonic blue to white?? WTF??:??: The sales guy said the computer rejected the Sonic blue with the parchment (SP?) inserts? I have seen several pics with Tan inserts. What's the deal guys? I want my exact car so should I wait till 03??

:shrug:

SVTyballz

Established Member
WOW. First of all, I don't know anything about the chrome wheel issue. Second, I think the color change might have been one of two things. Either your sales person punched it in wrong, or maybe Ford decided to make only a certain number of each color. Personally, (and you probably won't like this............but) I wouldn't mind if they stopped making Sonic Blue 03's. There are alot of them out here. And I would rather not have such a common color. I know that in the past years Black, Silver, and Red were the most common. That being said, if you can get a Sonic Blue, by all means get one, it is an awesome color.

Good Luck

gary

Last edited:

StangD281

Established Member
I hope that chrome wheel note is BS...I'm gonna be pissed.

As for the color, I have seen that the most common color is the Sonic Blue. It seems like that's what everyone has! I went with the dark shadow grey, which is new for the 2nd run. It's on the Harley F-150. White wouldn't have been my first choice....hope you can swap into what you really want.

jpetre

Established Member
No he didn't punch the numbers in wrong cause he gave me the information about the car and it says Sonic Blue. Does anyone work for SVT who might know what I can do to check this information out?

Thanks

FORD:burn:

StangD281

Established Member
If you have the printout from when he entered it into the order bank, it should have a VIN# on it. Call SVT and give them the number, see what they say.

StangD281

Established Member
Come to think of it, mine said Mineral Grey, which is N/A for run #2. But its actually Dark Shadow Grey...so the order bank spit out the wrong color code, but when I inquired with the VIN# the dark shadow grey was confirmed! :thumbsup:

jpetre

Established Member
Well it is true! They have made all of there alot ment for the Sonic blue with Medium Parchment inserts. I had to change my order to Black and they are having problems with the wheels so the chrome will not be available the second run!

Thanks guys!

CHROME :cuss:

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
I still believe that they way to get the chrome wheels will be through SVT and your parts dept. down the road at the $695 + $240 core charge program. JMO

SVTyballz

Established Member
Originally posted by jpetre
Well it is true! They have made all of there alot ment for the Sonic blue with Medium Parchment inserts. I had to change my order to Black and they are having problems with the wheels so the chrome will not be available the second run!

Thanks guys!

CHROME :cuss:

so no more Sonic Blue????

gary

StreetSnake

Established Member
Sounds mighty strange they would shut down the Sonic Blue, as a sonic blue owner I wouldnt mind but it sucks for the guys who ordered it. doesnt make any sense that the factory would just arbitrarally say you are going to get this color and you are going to get that color. Something doesnt make sense. :shrug: :shrug:

SVTyballz

Established Member
Originally posted by StreetSnake
Sounds mighty strange they would shut down the Sonic Blue, as a sonic blue owner I wouldnt mind but it sucks for the guys who ordered it. doesnt make any sense that the factory would just arbitrarally say you are going to get this color and you are going to get that color. Something doesnt make sense. :shrug: :shrug:

The only thing that might make sense is that they have numbers allocated for each color. Not taking into account the popularity of a particular color which may be ordered more often. Maybe it might have something to with the amount of actual paint purchased for the production run I dunno....... just a guess

gary

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz

The only thing that might make sense is that they have numbers allocated for each color. Not taking into account the popularity of a particular color which may be ordered more often. Maybe it might have something to with the amount of actual paint purchased for the production run I dunno....... just a guess

gary
Or it could be just another dealer screwup that has nothing to do with production. :read:

jpetre

Established Member
Sonic Blue will be produced, so that is not the concern. So all of you that like the grey inserts you will not have any problems! My original order was Sonic Blue, tan inserts, but they have removed that option as they have made there allotment of Sonic blue with Tan inserts for this run. I got this information from Matthew at SVT.

So the color choices that I had left to get the Tan inserts were Red, Black, or white. So inorder to continue the build for the car the factory picked the least requested color.

Does that make sense?

James P

Last edited:

jpetre

Established Member
I had to drive a 95 Ford Ranger that had grey as a rental when mine was in the shop. I just can't get into the whole grey thing. Sounds weird but it was very depressing everytime I got into the truck. I already hate they (FORD) took the cheap way out and made all of them dark charcol and just added different color inserts. I really like the Tan interior in my 99!

:shrug: What's a man got to do to get the exact car he wants?

PS => Not responsible for spelling mistakes. Sorry can't spell

fangstang

Established Member
Same here, I really like the tan interior in my 2001. It changes it up, looks more custom

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
I think white with tan will be one of the rarest of all the '03s. Not my first choice, but if it was a sure thing, with no delay, I'd go for it :-D The blackout treatment on this car is really accentuated by the white IMO. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread