Help sway my decision

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
Hey guys,

I posted about those using the 2015 GT as a daily driver not long ago, and am pretty sold on buying a '15 GT PP soon. Here is my situation.
  • My '06 Grand Prix GT is paid off. I can sell this to use as a down payment ($6,000 +/-, plus another couple grand) I'm estimating my payment to be somewhere around $380-$410.
  • I live in Illinois. Winters are inconsistent. Most of the time snow is plowed off the roads fairly quickly, so getting a pair of true winter tires might not be a great idea. (I've heard driving these on dry pavement really wears down the tread quickly.) Perhaps some all season tires and stock rims could suffice, with the select driving mode for any occasions that I do have to drive in snow.
  • I've toyed around with the idea of getting another Terminator. However, the payment would be $320-$400 depending on what I get, seeing as I'd only have a couple grand to throw on that, and would keep the Grand Prix as a daily. Interest rates are higher on older cars, of course.
I really just can't make up my mind on what would be best. The Grand Prix is running strong, and I'm sure has a number of years left in it. I had a Mustang as a DD before, but it was a '97. I enjoyed it, just really, really blew in the winter..But Fuzion tires and no traction control sucked.

The car might go to the track once a year, and I hardly beat on my cars much. I wasn't very hard on my Terminator.
I guess my main decision is do I want an aging DD and a car I can beat up on, or a brand new car I can drive everyday and hit the track in once in a while.
I know this is a vague question...but thoughts?

dtd01svt

Established Member
Keep the GP as a DD and find a way to get the 15 PP. Easy decision....lol

89 5.0

Established Member
I live in WI, about to sign off on a 15 PP! I don't daily but if the grand prix is running strong I'd say keep it and run it into the ground before making the stang a dd.

14ksstang

Established Member
Just daily the 15. I daily mine no problem. We just got 6 inches of snow here in Kansas and I just use the factory 235/50r18 tires. Mine is just a base though not a pp.

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
Thanks for the feedback guys. I would keep the gp and get a '15, but my payment would be just too much.
Plus from what it sounds like these cars handle fairly well in the snow too. My soon to be wife would totally not approve of getting a '15 gt and keeping my daily lol.
The only reason I could keep the gp and get a Terminator is because the Termiantor isn't an ideal daily..
I'd say money is a factor, ideally I'd like to keep my paument around $350-$400. Hopefully the '15 will drop a bit when the '16s roll out.

Driversound

Established Member
It's really about whatever you can afford on a monthly. If you can afford the monthly without selling your GP, do it and use it for a DD.

Users who are viewing this thread