HELP - Thinking hard on to sell or not...

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
I am starting to really think about selling my 03 SVTF. I've had it since 1.3 miles on the clock, now just over 33k. It's fast, it looks sharp, sounds great, low miles, and it's been kept really clean. I just need something with 4 doors, and I'm not getting rid of the SVTL. I like having a truck that hauls, if you know what I mean. With the Wife, my 1 year old, and one on the way, I need to make room.

So please give me your honest opinion on what I can get for it, or what a min reserve I should put on it if I put it on EBay. If I do sell it, I'll use local, as well as EBay. Here's a mod list...

-2003 ZX3 SVT CD Silver w/ Red Inserts, HIDs, & Moon Roof
-Vortech H.O. Supercharger @ 18lbs /w Heat exchanger and Aftercooler all Polished
-JE 10:1 Pistons
-Eagle Rods
-Custom ARP Head Studs
-Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch
-Clutch Masters Lightweight Flywheel
-65mm Throttle Body
-180* Thermostat
-VF Transmission Mount
-K&N CAI
-Steeda Short Shifter
-HKS Ground Kit
-Custom Exhaust w/ Custom ORP
-Underdrive Accessory Pulley
-Overdrive Crank Pulley
-Vortech Predator Tune
-Wide Band 02 Sensor
-1.5" Front, 2" Rear Lowered
-Pillar pod w/ 2 pods. Boost and Wide Band
-Tinted all around. Front sides 35%, front top, back sides, and rear 3.5%
-205/35/17's
-Built Block…
The block is balanced up to 9K RPMS. It has bean decked and honed. The head is a rebuilt stocker, but it was machined as well to ensure a good seal. The head stud kit from ARP has been up size to get more clamping force. All ARP Fasteners were used in the new motor.
-Painted RED plug cover, fuse box cover, washer fluid cover, Coolant reservoir Cover, & the Hood Hold up bar.
-Painted CD Silver, front top grill
-Mesh lower grill
-8" Sub in stock location
-Wired in Cobra Radar/Laser Detector

The last time it was on a dyno, and the last time it was on the track, here ore the results…

Temp - 96*f
Track - Coastal Plaines Speedway, NC
Humidity - 70%
Elevation / DA - East Coast???
Track prep - Shitty
Tires - Stock Streets
Dyno - 299whp & 256wtq
60ft - 2.13
E.T. - 13.4
Trap - 110mph

This was on 12lbs boost and before the Built Block, Over Drive Crank Pulley, and the Stage 3 Clutch and Flywheel. It should be more then capable of running 12.s on street tires now. As long as you can drive.

Well, that’s about it for now. Please let me know what you think.

focussvtracer

auto x
Established Member
i am the same boat dude i just sold my lightning now i have my focus and im looking to trade on a 2010 mazda speed

get something new one day when you can afford it find a nice lightning and go to town on it

dam 300 whp thats pretty good!
i would guess no lower then 7k its gonna be hard to get 7k though i sold my 2004 lightning for 12k </3

:beer:

Last edited:

xzero

Established Member
Hmm what a shame seems like its a fun ride and you have got a lot invested into it good luck with the sale

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Yea, not gonna happen for 7k, I've got more into mods then I payed for the car brand new. I know I wont get my money back, but there should be no reason to settle for blue book.

jasonpalamar

Established Member
Maybe $8000. No market dude. Maybe part it out as much as possible to make some back. You are going to lose bige. Find a SVTf ZX5 and swap parts on both lol. Same car with 4 doors

Users who are viewing this thread