Help - ticking noise

Ron 1995 R

Established Member
I have a ticking noise which occurs more often at lower rpm when cold and higher rpm when warm.

This ticking noise occurs after acceleration when I am lifting from the throttle pedal as to maintain speed or shift (it does not do it if I am decelerating). If I get back on the throttle the noise goes away until I lift from the accelerator pedal to maintain speed or shift. (keep in mind I am not depressing the clutch). The ticking noise only occurs after being under load (so I cannot simulate standing along side the car with the hood open).

As noted, the problem occurs at lower rpm (like 2200+) when the engine is cold and elevates to higher rpm when warm (like 3200+).

Any insight as to the trouble spot?

Thank you for your interest and any insight or replies. Hopefully someone knows what this exactly is so I can move on. The car is otherwise perfect and has done this since the day I bought it, it has not gotten worse or changed in any way.

Ron.

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
That is normal for a 95 Cobra R. There is a letter that is printed in the SVT Recognition guide from John Colletti explaining it.

Ron 1995 R

Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
That is normal for a 95 Cobra R. There is a letter that is printed in the SVT Recognition guide from John Colletti explaining it.

How about some insight?
I dont have a recognition guide and from what I found it is out of print.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
says there is a piston slap basically , form having the timing advanced from the factory, if ya want it to go away, back the timing down a tick. but it says the prototypes rattled like that from 2000 to 3000 rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread