HELP!! TREAD width vs SECTION width on Cup 2s

enormous

Established Member
I'm running a Custom 10 x 20 Boze Tack with a 5.750 bs which has been widened to 11.5". I did remove the bracket and I have zero rub on the fender edge and only very slight rubbing on occassion on the inner well on the DS only.

Dinosgt

Established Member
I'm running a Custom 10 x 20 Boze Tack with a 5.750 bs which has been widened to 11.5". I did remove the bracket and I have zero rub on the fender edge and only very slight rubbing on occassion on the inner well on the DS only.

Got it - thanks. I'm thinking if you want to go much past a 305 you gotta go 56-60+mm offset and remove the bracket.

Dinosgt

Established Member
Got it - thanks. I'm thinking if you want to go much past a 305 you gotta go 56-60+mm offset and remove the bracket.

UPDATE

My tire guy ordered the Audi spec tire, and it looks almost identical to the Porsche tire. Sigh.... The tire rack data isn't very reliable obviously.

Anyway - next step is I am going to shave about 3mm off the rim to get me to 58mm offset. A few questions for the collective wisdom:

I measure about 9.5 mm of thickness from the back of the hub (where it mounts to the brake hub) to the bottom of the lug chamfer in the rim. If I take off another 3mm - that leaves about 6.5 mm of thickness - is that OK?

I fear 700 + ft lbs and sticky tires will could fail the rim in shear if he hubs are too thin near the lugs. Any experience out there (Steve at TF?) with minimum thickness?

Also - is 4mm clearance to the bump stop bracket under full droop going to rub? (If so, I guess I need to remove them)

This is a pic of the clearance under full droop with about 7mm clearance I have now. I added blue tape to make it easier to see.

gap.jpg

Thanks folks.

Users who are viewing this thread